New Mack Questions

I'm considering a new Pinnacle 64T. Local, aggregate hauling, avg 7 loads,400-450 miles per day.  All the guys I've talked to recently have had few, if any issues with new('15+) Mack's. Has Mack quality increased? Heard of & dealt with many Mack issues in the 2003-2010 yrs. There seems to be a ton of wiring harness issues on new ('15+) KW & Pete's. Seems like everyone around here is having problems. Is Mack having the wiring harness problems? I guess basically, talk me into or out of, buying one. lol. Any & all $.02 appreciated.

My '15 had a harness issue but it was caused by the sensors leaking oil into the harnesses. They're anti wick now so no troubles there. I know two outfits here that run paccar and they are having a horrible time. The dealers are close for them so that keeps them there. Their latest issues are drive line angles on the heavy straight trucks. 

Short answer to  yes Everyone uses cheap wire it keeps us folks that work on em employed! We have gone from repairing trucks for a living to chasing gremlins for a living! Ghost busters revisited! All thanx to cheap wire and dollar store sensors and half baked computer programming!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 9:33 PM, Dirtymilkman said:

Dealership is the biggest concern. 

Anyone know anything about McMahon Columbus? They bought Columbus Truck a few yrs ago, Columbus Truck was a joke. Lost of Mack guys around here avoided them at all costs. 

If I had the money I'd just buy a mid 90s Rd, drop a new frame in, rebuild engine trans and rears and call it a day. Would still be cheaper than new, and would spend a lot less time at the dealer.

But if you're bent on new, I'd agree the dealer makes or breaks the brand.