HOURLY RATE

What is your dealers hourly rate.? Is it standard or every dealer different.?  My dealer used to be $112 but was bought out and went to $160. The mechanics that work there arent worth charging 160 . Then on top of that they have a misc. fee. for shop supplies an such. Highway robbery. They need to have a book rate like for cars. Soo many hours for a certain job.

• Sad 1

On top of that, they put the idiot on your truck and have the experienced guy doing piece work like tires because the idiot will log more shop hours on your truck and the experienced guy can do tires faster.

No offense to the dealer mechanics on here, you're a great asset to the rest of us.

On the topic of shops the only reason any of my trucks go there is for annual safety or e test. I don't know how anyone can afford shop rates. I went for e test this year and watched mechanic shift 3 gears before pulling in to shop. Not exaggerating. I bit my lip and kept my mouth shut...wasn't easy. I wonder if they drive there own vehicles that way.

On the topic of shops the only reason any of my trucks go there is for annual safety or e test. I don't know how anyone can afford shop rates. I went for e test this year and watched mechanic shift 3 gears before pulling in to shop. Not exaggerating. I bit my lip and kept my mouth shut...wasn't easy. I wonder if they drive there own vehicles that way.

At least the mechanic could shift, it could have been worse, he could have just ground it into gear.!