Welding tips and tricks

JoeH

Assembling a Volumetric Concrete Mixer, and thought I'd share a welding trick I learned about and am trying to keep large pieces of sheet metal from warping! 

Use drywall compound as a heat sink to keep heat from extending out into the sheet.

Share your welding tips and tricks below.

KIMG0379.JPG

KIMG0380.JPG

• Like 2

Hey that's pretty cool. 

I have learned a lot of stuff on youtube. You do have to take a lot of it with a grain of salt but I have picked up some good stuff on there. There is one guy in particular that has a shield on his camera and films welding, its pretty cool. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

Jody, from Welding Tips and Tricks?  I enjoy his channel.  Saw him giving a lecture at the big Fab show down in Atlanta last fall.  The company VP and I were down there looking at Plasma Welders.

Heck, I learned to weld cast iron from ChuckE9000  Young fellow, moved from Ohio down to Texas.  I needed to weld some cast at work, saw that video and tried it.  Worked just fine>  Have fixed a few things here at work using SS mig wire and preheating.

• Like 1

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

7 hours ago, Freightrain said:

Jody, from Welding Tips and Tricks?  I enjoy his channel.  Saw him giving a lecture at the big Fab show down in Atlanta last fall.  The company VP and I were down there looking at Plasma Welders.

Heck, I learned to weld cast iron from ChuckE9000  Young fellow, moved from Ohio down to Texas.  I needed to weld some cast at work, saw that video and tried it.  Worked just fine>  Have fixed a few things here at work using SS mig wire and preheating.

Ol Chucke2009 gets a lot of b.s. over some things, but he has a great channel

This message was brought to you by Hargraves Potted Meat Product. Chopped full of "Peckers & Lips" since 1933 - John Boy & Billy