superliner bumper

I guess a better way of saying this is, Has anyone had any success in switching from the flat rw-613 style bumper to the rw-713 style logger bumper that sits extend out from the grill and sweeps back on the ends? I imagine there are brackets to do this??

19 hours ago, ekennedy21 said:

I guess a better way of saying this is, Has anyone had any success in switching from the flat rw-613 style bumper to the rw-713 style logger bumper that sits extend out from the grill and sweeps back on the ends? I imagine there are brackets to do this??

Yes it can be done but I would say the bumper is the least of your things to find. There are 3 brackets that are needed to make the center tow pin work. The flush mount brackets can not be used with the extended bumper. They are lighter duty items and the extended bumper brackets are massive compared to them. The photos are of a Superliner II and a CL713 which is very similar if not the same except for bit of extended frame in front on the CL. The brackets from a Superliner II or CL713 will work the bumper narrows at the ends on a Superliner and is straight on a CL. I am considering the same bumper switch, the actual bumper is the easy part. 

1293724599_SuperFlushed.thumb.JPG.737b1541b9c82210983af77189deb911.JPG

1920555795_Optimized-CLExt(3).thumb.JPG.d8977d832c00492ba6f89abcae4e032d.JPG

1023120384_CLExtention.thumb.JPG.5ae3b68297788d69b65d6da2b447b6b7.JPG

Edited by AZB755V8
add content
  • Like 1

From what I can see on the pics all the setup is parts you can fabricate relatively easy sure with some efforts. Including the bumper since it's made of straight steel with straight corners. The attachment parts seem not needed to be reproduced as an absolute clone to the original since they're not seen from the outside.

In relation to that reproducing (fabricating) of the flat style Superliner II bumper would be much more difficult task due to its stamped shape. Lucky it's stll avalible new OEM.

• Like 2

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

• 1 month later...

This is a very easy thing to do, I have done several of them including the front pull box. You do not need to buy any factory brackets. Let me know if your still looking to do this and I will glade to help...

Frank