Ford LTS 9000

Red Horse

To think back in the day I drove so many of those Ford's I was praying to get out of one because I wanted a Mack.

Today I wish I could get back into an old Ford, LOL. They were a good truck. Drove many with 2 stroke Detroit power and a few 3406B Cat's.

17 minutes ago, Bullheaded said:

To think back in the day I drove so many of those Ford's I was praying to get out of one because I wanted a Mack.

Today I wish I could get back into an old Ford, LOL. They were a good truck. Drove many with 2 stroke Detroit power and a few 3406B Cat's.

I think your comment probably reflected the sentiments of a lot of younger guys back then.    The perception was they wanted to be in a "real big truck".  And as for the old timers, many were "Mack" guys or "White" guys etc.  You had to overcome their old prejudices-or should I say likes.  When we got our first LT-9000's I would always be asking how guys liked them and most were very favorable.  One old timer though said ..."Ok, but".....I said.."but what?"  His answer..."well I don't like that big windshield-its like you are sitting in your living room in front of your picture window and everyone can see you".

Visibility! One of the Louisvilles biggest positives and this guy felt he had no privacy!🙄

• Like 1

You kinda hit the nail on the head Red Horse. At the time I started there were still a lot of gas jobs working. And those Ford's where everywhere around here doing everything from dump trucks, to loggers to hauling freight. But I had dreams of R Models and Superliners in my head, LOL So you didn't think of Ford as a "real big truck."

But the truth was they had a real good frame. Add to that a nice interior, good visibility and maneuverability, etc.

The biggest problems I've seen with them is the same as with all old Ford cars and trucks. Cab rust and the vinyl dash that would would crack and split from the sun.

It was very hard to find a Ford that didn't have a cracked dash.

But ya, that little short hood LTS was a fun truck when you had a 400 or 425 Cat under the hood.