Endt 865 questions

I have an opportunity to purchase a 1973 RS 700 the truck is absolutely beautiful and has been very well cared for over the years has 380,000 mi on it it has the endt 865 v8 with a two stick 6 speed trans I know these engines do not have the greatest reputation and parts are very difficult to find or obsolete.  My question is even though the tractor is in such good.  Condition and the truck runs and operates perfectly is it worth buying for the fact if you have problems with the 865 and can’t repair it then your looking at a repower and that takes away the cool factor of having a v8 in the first place . Thanks in advance for oppions . 

Yea it’s going to be just a hobby truck to haul my antique tractors to shows and so forth maybe a couple thousand miles a year . The guy that bought it new passed away and the family wants it to go to a home where it will be preserved and used and enjoyed I was honored they thought of me . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mack man 1973 said:

Yea it’s going to be just a hobby truck to haul my antique tractors to shows and so forth maybe a couple thousand miles a year . The guy that bought it new passed away and the family wants it to go to a home where it will be preserved and used and enjoyed I was honored they thought of me . 

It will be fine as a hobby truck. No real load on it and low mileage per year, it will be a perfect candidate for hobby and cool factor. I have an ENDT 866 in my B model and have had only little problems other than putting miles on it in a year. A few little fixes but no real new parts needed, don't let that scare you. If you get it put new rod  and main bearing in it and a new oil pump spring, just as Lmackattack said. It would be nice to see another V8 stay running and taken care of.