St. Louis Construction Trucks

autocardc

Breckerman still have a yard just off the MacArthur bridge downtown?

Laclede Concrete still around?

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Breckenridge still runs the plant and it’s as busy as ever with all the development going on in the city. Never heard of laclede, was born in 81, when were they around and have any pics of their trucks? The fallen flags I know are fix mix, winter brothers, interface materials, red bird, five star and riley ready mix.

Don't know where I came up with Breckerman other than I was in the Navy with a guy with that name. Breckenridge has had yellow drums for as long as I can remember. Laclede had red mixers and company trucks marked up a lot like the taxis in the 1960's till mid 70's IIRC. I left St. Louis after grandpa retired, (Monsanto) in 1977. Don't remember the concrete names you mentioned which have folded and also cannot remember the company that ran almost exclusively REO mixers that were white and blue in color. As a very young kid I went on a lot of deliveries with "Otto", (neighbor) whom worked for them many years. 

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2019 at 1:34 PM, Rob said:

Don't know where I came up with Breckerman other than I was in the Navy with a guy with that name. Breckenridge has had yellow drums for as long as I can remember. Laclede had red mixers and company trucks marked up a lot like the taxis in the 1960's till mid 70's IIRC. I left St. Louis after grandpa retired, (Monsanto) in 1977. Don't remember the concrete names you mentioned which have folded and also cannot remember the company that ran almost exclusively REO mixers that were white and blue in color. As a very young kid I went on a lot of deliveries with "Otto", (neighbor) whom worked for them many years. 

Does this mixer look familiar to you? It is behind a fence so can’t get a better picture. Red and white dm600 with a rocket mixer.

5685A118-70E9-49B3-9459-9B9A6F2D919C.jpeg

I can't say it looks familiar but it was a long time ago. A lot of mixers were Rocket and looked as that one does. Don't remember anybody running red frames. The company "Otto" worked for had white trucks with blue frames with white spokes. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2019 at 5:23 PM, autocardc said:

2FB0016D-255D-4B70-BA97-0E307E38C8B9.jpeg

Upon first glance I thought this photo was of someone doing something with the old Grover Cleveland High School sports field on South Grand Ave. It however is not although the building in the background is similar. Cleveland closed in 1996 IIRC and the building stands vacant and in decay.

l hope l don't upset anyone but, that's some sad looking equipment. Don't the drivers know how to wash their trucks? lf the outside of the mixer barrels look like that whats the inside like? Concrete company l worked for we washed every night rain/snow or shine.   .....Hippy

• Like 1

Just now, autocardc said:
39 minutes ago, 70mackMB said:

l hope l don't upset anyone but, that's some sad looking equipment. Don't the drivers know how to wash their trucks? lf the outside of the mixer barrels look like that whats the inside like? Concrete company l worked for we washed every night rain/snow or shine.   .....Hippy

Many of the smaller companies are pay by load plus they can’t afford new equipment. Amazingly these trucks deliver concrete just the same as a shiny t880. 

86D49037-AAF8-4210-AA7A-E4D41B391EEB.jpeg

^^^^^^^^What Model Starcar is this?? ^^^^^^^^^

The ones We get down here have a Wider Bonnet (Hood to you) than this..

Image result for western star 5864 ss

"Be who you are and say what you feel...
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind....
don't matter." -

1 hour ago, Hayseed said:

86D49037-AAF8-4210-AA7A-E4D41B391EEB.jpeg

^^^^^^^^What Model Starcar is this?? ^^^^^^^^^

The ones We get down here have a Wider Bonnet (Hood to you) than this..

Image result for western star 5864 ss

4900sb, neat seeing differences between similar models in other countries.