Romania is plowing snow with Ford trucks

kscarbel2

On 1/30/2019 at 7:20 AM, TS7 said:

The plow on the Romanian Ford looks like it is made from some type of plastic.

My first thought was  it just had a deflector mounted on top.   then after your post I took another look-agree-looks like the entire blade is thick plastic of some sort.  Be interesting to see what is in back of it where it is attached to the cutting edge.

And I agree with your comments on cutting edges. I've had three  Deere compact loaders and cheap skate that I am have always used "junkyard"  plows to replace my bucket. I just replaced a Meyers that had a poly cutting edge with a Fisher with a nice steel edge.   What a difference

3 hours ago, TS7 said:

Red Horse I think Ford should send a few F-250 4x4 pickups with real steel plows to Europe, there is a real market there.

Well as old as I am I remember when F-250's or Scouts or Early Broncos plowed only household driveways.  Unreal what you see F-250/350 SRW doing today.

But those pix that KSC posted of those Scanias are unreal. front plows, wings and belly scrapers.  Did you also notice-roads were "white" No sand or salt.

there was a guy up here that had a new huge MB Unimog with this unbelievable hydraulic plow system-which was made in Italy.  I think the Europeans can probaly teach us a few things about snow removal.  Haven't seen that Unimog lately-actually only saw it at a show one year.

Anyone from Mass reading this, outfit was from Waltham-don't remember their name.

8 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Well as old as I am I remember when F-250's or Scouts or Early Broncos plowed only household driveways.  Unreal what you see F-250/350 SRW doing today.

But those pix that KSC posted of those Scanias are unreal. front plows, wings and belly scrapers.  Did you also notice-roads were "white" No sand or salt.

there was a guy up here that had a new huge MB Unimog with this unbelievable hydraulic plow system-which was made in Italy.  I think the Europeans can probaly teach us a few things about snow removal.  Haven't seen that Unimog lately-actually only saw it at a show one year.

Anyone from Mass reading this, outfit was from Waltham-don't remember their name.

Bob was it Cincotta?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TS7 said:

Red Horse I did not see any thing special on the Scania trucks. The Europeans over do every thing. Do you know what KISS means? Keep it simple stupid. 

Well look at the Schmidt video that KSC posted if you want to see "complex"  And you were right on the Fords in Romania- they are plastic-look like some of the Schmidts in video

4 hours ago, Red Horse said:

Bingo Rich- it was Cincotta.  I think I saw the truck at Hudson show.

I'm full of useless information, ask me about something important and all I'll have is a blank stare.

Yeah they brought it to Hudson a few times.

• Like 1