telesquirt information

joes mack

hello everyone I was wondering if any of you would have or know where I can find a parts or repair manual for a 50 ft telesquirt . we are poss getting one donated to us. everything works and it was certified in 2017 but sometime last year it started leaking in the extension section and will not extend out. chief said they told him it was a gasket  that cost $45.00 but it will cost $6,000 to fix it. I talked to a fire apparatus repair shop and they told me they would fix it for $2,500 but told me I could fix it my self. I have re built several hyd cylinders if that is what it is. it is mounted on a 1988 pierce if that helps any. I have not seen the truck as it  is about 4 hours away from me. 

First off, you state that it is a telesquirt.  That is a term often applied to several different brands of the same device, but the most common was the Telesqurt, built by the Snorkel Company.  If this is an actual Telesqurt, they company no longer exists in it's original form, but is under ownership of Smeal Fire Apparatus of Snyder, NE and is part of their LTC (Ladder Tower Company) Division.   They may be able to supply you with the needed part or point you in the right direction.

http://www.smeal.com

• Like 1

Joes Mack, I am going to make a call for you, I might have some insider advantage to LTC. In the meantime, do what Ga Dave advised. You can also try calling Pierce. Have the Pierce job number handy when you call them, they *may* have copies of the manual, but I suspect it will be in pdf format. 

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

• 2 weeks later...

thank you FWD sorry I haven't been keeping up with the post girl friend had heart surgery and with work ive been busy as a 3 legged cat in a sand box. still haven't got the truck yet but hopefully will be going to pick it up this weekend if everything works out.

I am looking for any drawings measurements very good pics. Or the location of a b model firetruck in central fl that has a fire bell mounted in front of the passenger door. Like to find all the info I can on the. 3 arm set up. Hope to have one fabricated for a bell I already have. Have contacted the Mack museum already 

43694A7B-1404-4334-BA8B-6624A23CFDB3.jpeg

I wonder if it’s the same as that on an L. That picture looks like the one off an L, but the one for a B looks different, having the top bars curved up so they rest higher. If you do need the L bell I’ll be able to get you pics Monday.

ABAAD643-9093-446B-A775-18B55D55BE23.jpeg

L Model

E70433BF-D389-49F1-ACFB-128F77249308.jpeg

B Model

Edited by CaptainCrutch

Who needs a back yard when you could have a :mack1: Yard?!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/19/2019 at 9:22 AM, 1958 F.W.D. said:

Joes Mack, check your private messages!

Hello, my name is Stephen Cox and I read a post that a memebr made asking for a manual for a Telesquirt 50. Im working on one for a local volunteer fire department. Is there anyway I could get a copy of that manual? I can paypal you some cash if you'd like? here's my email stephencox09@gmail.com

On 11/13/2020 at 9:54 AM, StephenCox09 said:

Hello, my name is Stephen Cox and I read a post that a memebr made asking for a manual for a Telesquirt 50. Im working on one for a local volunteer fire department. Is there anyway I could get a copy of that manual? I can paypal you some cash if you'd like? here's my email stephencox09@gmail.com

Check your email. 

• 8 months later...
On 8/13/2021 at 12:00 PM, firewrench said:

I have a local fire dept that has been given a Mack/ Telesquirt. This thing is leaking hydraulic oil around the swivel. would you have a parts diagram or book that breaks down the boom and swivel? Thank you. James

firewrench511@yahoo.com

Check your email

• 6 months later...

I have a 1980 ford 8000 with a 50 foot telesqurt. Truck came in with the swivel leaking got that replaced but having a hard time getting hoses put back on. Had to replace several and now they are not lining up was wondering if there is a diagram of the hose routing any help would work

On 3/7/2022 at 12:14 PM, Bstenger353 said:

I have a 1980 ford 8000 with a 50 foot telesqurt. Truck came in with the swivel leaking got that replaced but having a hard time getting hoses put back on. Had to replace several and now they are not lining up was wondering if there is a diagram of the hose routing any help would work

Email please

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a 89 pierce with a 50 ft telesqurt that the hydraulic swivel at the turntable just started leaking. I need any drawings or pictures that would help with teardown and repair a good repair manual and the name of the company who made the swivel. 

Edgar Babian

Edgar_babian@belllsouth.net