MP8 EGR & DEF Delete ???

little puppy

15 hours ago, shane73 said:

I have a 08 mp8 475 hp deleted new motor turbo fuel pump injectors I have 50grand into this and I'm starting to get frustrated.i have no power 25 lbs boost falls on its face from 1100 to 1200 rpm no check engine lights im thinking its the ecm. my question is can I put a older ecm in that did not have emissions?

I’ve seen lots of bad deletes on Macks , seems very few work out great. The last one was where a delete was done and a export model data file was installed in the engine ECM. This sounds like a great idea but the export models don’t have  a VGT turbo, they have a standard turbo. The truck would barely build boost  because the VGT turbo was not being command to move abs build . I had to remove the turbo actuator and manually move the arm on the turbo and test drive , if  I went to far it would over boost and backfire through the air filter and derate. Once I got it figured out I built a wedge spacer and put it inside the turbo actuator to hold the arm in place . This was years ago and don’t remember the actual position of the arm . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mackpro said:

I’ve seen lots of bad deletes on Macks , seems very few work out great. The last one was where a delete was done and a export model data file was installed in the engine ECM. This sounds like a great idea but the export models don’t have  a VGT turbo, they have a standard turbo. The truck would barely build boost  because the VGT turbo was not being command to move abs build . I had to remove the turbo actuator and manually move the arm on the turbo and test drive , if  I went to far it would over boost and backfire through the air filter and derate. Once I got it figured out I built a wedge spacer and put it inside the turbo actuator to hold the arm in place . This was years ago and don’t remember the actual position of the arm . 

Love it!

Be tempted to machine a little adjuster screw to set VGT travel limitation and a “give’r hell” cable, with a hand grab T-bar, for the big hill climb mode! Pull for full boost and slam it back home when the EGT’s hit 1,400 degrees. 

Edited by Mack Technician
  • Like 1

It was a learning process for sure. I was thinking I could adjust the arm to where I wanted it and put the actuator back on and all would good, but the pressure inside the turbo would overpower the actuator and let the arm move. Also the actuator gear has no internal stop in either direction , so the gear will move in either direction somewhat freely. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...