Jump to content

MACK ER photos


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, ekennedy21 said:

I wonder what the difference between Er and an FP is?

 Produced from 1940 to 1942, produced totally 365 copies. Externally identical to other E-series trucks, it was included to F range, as equipped with chain-driven rear wheels and F series heavy chassis

 

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

 “Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/16/2019 at 3:31 PM, ekennedy21 said:

I wonder what the difference between Er and an FP is?

Seemed to me like they were just built in different years. Probably differences in the chassis either but impossible to state without observations.

I also had that question in my mind.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Seemed to me like they were just built in different years. Probably differences in the chassis either but impossible to state without observations.

I also had that question in my mind.

FP built from  1940  to 1942    365 units made.

ER build from 1936 to 1941   359 units made.

Main differences were heavier chassis , springs, steer axle and Military spec lifting eyes on chassis. Balance of the truck was E series. Originally spec'd out for the French. 

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

 “Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

FP built from  1940  to 1942    365 units made.

ER build from 1936 to 1941   359 units made.

Main differences were heavier chassis , springs, steer axle and Military spec lifting eyes on chassis. Balance of the truck was E series. Originally spec'd out for the French. 

Very interesting, thanks. Never knew they were designed for army.

Никогда не бывает слишком много грузовиков! leversole 11.2012

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Vladislav said:

Very interesting, thanks. Never knew they were designed for army.

Pre WWII French and British had basically Civilian pattern trucks prior to the start of hostilities in 1940.

  • Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

 “Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...