Mack C series general value...

Zack1978

Hi everyone,

I have been looking for some information as to the value of the C series Mack fire trucks, but I have found very little information. What is the general value of a running/driving/stopping truck? I realize that there is probably a huge range based on condition, but what is a ballpark number? 

With respect to trucks being sold, do C series trucks come to the market often or are they rarely for sale? Where is the best place to find the C series for sale? 

And last question...I promise is it simple to swap in a diesel engine as the parts for the 707 gas engine seem difficult to source? 

Thank you,

Zack

I also like the C model Mack as I have a LS85  L model 1954 open cab,  but like you have said it's condition  ,prices can start from about $3500 up to 6or 7 grand on condition someone has one in Florida for 12 . the east coast is where you will find the most that might be for sale ,that was Mack Country. as far as the diesel switch that would be fairly easy and I would use the Mack 237 .   Good Luck

I love it when guys come on here and say "I know it depends on condition but how much................."

You answered your own question. Can you eat off it or is all the steel swiss cheese and is there oil in the coolant? 

As for swapping out the 707, who told you parts are hard to come by? You need to know where to look. And if you take care of it, like anything else mechanical, it will run forever. And unless it is an ex-FDNY C Model with high mileage, it is probably an atypical firetruck and has less than 30,000 miles on it- barely broken in. So the question remains- why would you swap it? 

And, if you do insist on swapping it for an oil burner, drop a 237 Maxidyne and a 5 speed Maxitorque in there. You did remember to swap the rear axle, right? 

• Like 1

TWO STROKES ARE FOR GARDEN TOOLS

the guy in CT is don holden, where in nj are you? do you belong to a fire apparatus association ? I have a meeting on Dec.2  Sunday on the assoc.that I belong to Cradle of Liberty (check out our website) you are welcome to attend it starts at noon this one being held a our museum near Swedesboro, N.J. (exit 14 on rt 295) members might have leads on a C model

Factory Diesel, no power steering, I believe 46,000 + - original miles, steers have only about 1000 miles on but are 15 years old. The rear tires have a bout 30% tread left and are atleast 20+ years old.  Body is a Brunco re-hab, but still looks pretty close to a Mack body.  Rear axle ratio was updated when I bought her, so he will run 60-63 at 1900 rpm.  There are 2 -3 small cancer areas....one in on pass side between the fender and axle handle, and  the other is at the rear but above the drivers side battery box (right in front pump panel).  NO other rust!    When I bought her 15 years ago it was actively pumping...but I have not pumper her in the last 10 years.  She will need the treadle foot valve replaced as it is leaking air and she should have her injectors gone over (pump is perfectly fine).  I also have a 2 spare doors, 2 fenders, 2 windshields and more assorted parts that I will include in the sale.  $8,700.00 obo

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...