1959 MACK B753S Dump Truck (T/A) AUCTION Dec 18, 2018

justintocci

11 hours ago, h67st said:

The engine looks easy to work on with that long hood. The frame rails look split at the top flange.

are you talking about pic 3 in the body set? that looks to me like the body to frame shim plate. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

On 11/22/2018 at 6:30 AM, tjc transport said:

are you talking about pic 3 in the body set? that looks to me like the body to frame shim plate. 

You're right about the shim plate, but in one of the suspension pics it looks like the frame has been plated and there are dimples around the rivets like rust spreading.

15 hours ago, h67st said:

You're right about the shim plate, but in one of the suspension pics it looks like the frame has been plated and there are dimples around the rivets like rust spreading.

In photo 7 of that set there is a straight line for a splice where the top of the trunion on the right side bolts on. I'd be real leery of the condition of the rails.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• 2 weeks later...