St. Louis Mack Trucks

I never knew the Wolfmeier trucks myself but remember their paint scheme well. I remember the "Meramec" trucking R700 very well working when they were punching the "new" route 30 outside of St. Louis in the 70's on the way to High Ridge, and House Springs. We had a cabin on the Meramec River 1/2 block off old Gravois Road and they hauled a lot of rock out of the quarry just down the road. That quarry made for a really nice swimming hole too..... 

• Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

I always liked that reddish copper paint as shown on the "Affton" water truck, applied to an R model with just a touch of chrome with aluminum Budds on front, spokes on the drives.

Edited by Rob
  • Like 1

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/15/2020 at 2:07 PM, storkmack said:

Any back story on Wolfmeier?  Judging by these pics they do a little bit everything with some older iron.

Been around forever and pull everything from lowboys to grain hoppers. Even have live bottom straight trucks. Run Macks and Fords.

Edited by autocardc

• 3 weeks later...

A few of those yellow R models reminded me of the early 80’s yellow Shell gasoline tanker tractors.  They had aluminum wheels all around and the single right hand aluminum tank with the basic step below the driver side of the cab.  Saw them all over St. Louis then one day....poof!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...