Gerhart trucks for sale and truck graveyard

One of  the fascinating things at Gerhart's truck show were the old unrestored trucks in the back which seemed like an old truck graveyard. I tried to upload pics here but it doesn't work. Some looked far gone but some looked like they could be restored. Sadly some looked vandalized. After browsing the Gerhart's website I was happy to see that some of these trucks are for sale. Not sure how often they update the website but I saw some while at the show. 

Do Gerharts routinely buy old neglected trucks for re-sale or are these all from the company's own operation? The Euclid that was moving around dirt is on sale and so is the massive Terex that was parked near the entrance. There was an interesting single yellow axle V8 U series tractor with dump trailer in the back and a steel nose DM 600 series tractor in a garage, but they do not show on the site as being for sale. There was also an old unrestored DM800 mixer that seemed like it has been sitting for a while by it self out to side of the property. Hopefully these trucks will end up restored and at shows.

http://www.gerhartmachinery.com/equipment/road-trucks/              road trucks

http://www.gerhartmachinery.com/equipment/off-hwy-hauling-units/      off road trucks

• Like 2

They boneyard is definitely a highlight for me. I have taken pictures of the same trucks year after year.  Things used to change more frequently but not much has changed since last year.  They do sell the old trucks, but only whole.  No parts.  A couple trucks have been listed for a decade and have not gotten any better.  Some kids got in there about two years ago and broke a lot of glass.  That is really sad to see.  Some emblems have disappeared too.  If you saw something back there that you liked, give them a call. Mike. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, yarnall said:

They boneyard is definitely a highlight for me. I have taken pictures of the same trucks year after year.  Things used to change more frequently but not much has changed since last year.  They do sell the old trucks, but only whole.  No parts.  A couple trucks have been listed for a decade and have not gotten any better.  Some kids got in there about two years ago and broke a lot of glass.  That is really sad to see.  Some emblems have disappeared too.  If you saw something back there that you liked, give them a call. Mike. 

Do you know if these trucks were all used by them or do they buy old trucks and to save or flip them?

On 10/14/2018 at 10:12 PM, Jamaican Bulldog said:

Do you know if these trucks were all used by them or do they buy old trucks and to save or flip them?

Most of the trucks in the boneyard were not used in the business.  In the past I believe Roger Gerhart has bought trucks to sell, to save from the scrap dealer or just because he liked them.  I have not noticed any new acquisition recently.  He is a really nice guy.  If you see him you should ask him. Mike. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, yarnall said:

Most of the trucks in the boneyard were not used in the business.  In the past I believe Roger Gerhart has bought trucks to sell, to save from the scrap dealer or just because he liked them.  I have not noticed any new acquisition recently.  He is a really nice guy.  If you see him you should ask him. Mike. 

Good idea, next time I will try to meet him. He must have some interesting stories.

15 minutes ago, Hobert62 said:

Is he present at the shows?

Yes. I was only there on Saturday and didn’t see him till I was leaving.  He’s as riding around in his John Deere Gator with George Tackaberry.  He also has a Construction Equipment day in the spring if you want another chance to get out here.  I don’t know the date and have never been there. Mike.