Mack CXU 613 2011 DPF Problems

Joe E

Hello , thanks all of you in advance for your help , I have a Mack CXU 613 2011 with MP8 and eaton automatic transmission . My truck just turn on engine light , when I search for code it show me SPN 3556 FMI 4 which mean I am having problems with my DPF , every time I start my engine it start like a passive regeneration that took between 5 to 15 min by itself,  this function its not working now , I had been driving around 600 miles since engine light pop up and I am 800 more miles from home , the truck its working as always no problem no losing power or bad gas mileage everything is the same,  did not ask for a parked regent , I really don't know what to do ? Help Please , thanks

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

The fault SPN:3556 is for the Aftertreatment Hydrocarbon Doser or 7th injector. The FMI:4 is voltage below normal or shorted to low source--short to ground. Probable cause is faulty harness or 7th injector. On an MP8 the 7th injector wires run down the passenger side of the valve cover to the rear of the engine where the sensor to engine harness connector is. Its possible the 7th inj. wiring is exposed and shorting to ground or the injector is just bad. It will not perform a regen because the 7th inj is faulting. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, mp8_macky said:

considering the fact that i almost got bankrupt, i just have to share the following with you, it saved me.
no matter how much you invest in repairs - it won't run well.

https://truckecmtunes.com/

You get caught running what the link provides in an emissions state and bankruptcy issues are the least of your worries. 

A quote from the bottom of the links page:

All product are intended for off-road use in competition only, and are not to be used on public roads or highways. 
We don't take any responcibility where & how will You use the ECM, or will You or will You not remove the DPF/EGR/CGI from vechile.

• 3 weeks later...

We have a local guy doing deletes here with good results. At least 15 Macks that I can count. The trucks all stay local or within 150 miles of here. There are no DOT emissions testing requirements around here so it’s kinda “Don’t Ask /Don’t Tell”. Only problem we had was when changing over the Borg Warner Cool logic fan clutch to the new style fan clutch, you have to reflash the engine ECM for it to work correctly. This wipes out the delete program so the customer has to go back and get it re-tuned. The corporate fleet I work for now is all Mack so no deletes but they buy the maximum extended warranty and it sure pays for itself.  

• 2 years later...

I have a 2011 Mack pinnacle CXU613 Automative manual shift transmission and I started hearing a clucking or knocking sound from my clutch area and we thought it might be the clutch,changed the clutch and the nose is still there,thinking it might be the compressor or gears in the rear of engine any suggestions.