Shuddering while empty pulling hills

Having this problem occasionally and seems more common when it’s cool out. Truck is a 2014 with mp8 that has 550,000 mi on it. Injectors were updated after only 150,000 mi. Only code showing is p200200 which has been active for quite awhile. Doing long haul work between Edmonton and Houston. Asked the dealer and they said it could be injectors. However they wanted me to give them the go ahead to do up to 8 hrs of diagnostics. I left after telling them to get bent. 

Any ideas??? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2018 at 2:16 PM, bbigrig said:

It's injector cups most likely. Takes less then an hour to confirm in most cases.

Talked to a mechanic and first thing he asked was “how does it start”. For the most part good, occasionally it takes longer. 

I did change the boost sensor, it was carboned up really badly, that said haven’t noticed too much difference in performance. 

20 hours ago, Bigl62 said:

Talked to a mechanic and first thing he asked was “how does it start”. For the most part good, occasionally it takes longer. 

I did change the boost sensor, it was carboned up really badly, that said haven’t noticed too much difference in performance. 

Hard start is only one symptom of injector cup failure. Some will only fail once hot and under load.

• 3 weeks later...

So update on this,  found primary fuel filter may have been not quite tight enough. After having 4 times in a row where truck started poorly I checked return line in the fuel tank and seen bubbles. Checked the fuel filter and tightened it about 3/4 in. Starts better now. 

Then yesterday it started a after a few seconds it sputtered and stalled. Checked codes and gave me a p004607 which is a turbo actuator code. I killed the power from the battery for a few minutes then turned back on and it started and no code showing. Loaded pipe gross about 95000 lbs and pulled the coke and it performed excellent. Up to 39 lbs boost and smooth. Later in the day the BS started again with only 35 lbs then sputtering and boost dropping off. Finally had time to take it to the dealer and told them to check for codes, showed nothing active, and to check turbo actuator. Just got the call from Mack and they tell me the oil level indicator was wicking oil up to the ecm and this can give all kinds weird symptoms. Any thoughts people. 

On 9/24/2018 at 11:44 AM, bbigrig said:

Another common issue is wicking from the oil level sender. There is an anti wicking jumper harness but some are too far gone for that. Replaced many harnesses for that problem.

And the oil level sensor and the blow by sensor! Just sayin check all of them dollarstore sensors! Off subject a bit but still related to the dollarstore comment ,we had headlight issue on a truck here yesterday the day time running lights did not function  installed a new module still no worky checked the wiring and vecu OK tryed Another new module  no worky ! Cowoeker had a good runner module stashed in his collection of breakers and spare parts BINGO Work like A charm! exsact same number  tryed another  DLR from our stock nope no worky  got to send the whole works back to the Volvo /Mack superdollarstore  for credit and go to PAI to by parts I guess????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fjh said:

And the oil level sensor and the blow by sensor! Just sayin check all of them dollarstore sensors! Off subject a bit but still related to the dollarstore comment ,we had headlight issue on a truck here yesterday the day time running lights did not function  installed a new module still no worky checked the wiring and vecu OK tryed Another new module  no worky ! Cowoeker had a good runner module stashed in his collection of breakers and spare parts BINGO Work like A charm! exsact same number  tryed another  DLR from our stock nope no worky  got to send the whole works back to the Volvo /Mack superdollarstore  for credit and go to PAI to by parts I guess????

Injectors are dollar store Qualiy too; but all that shit is (thousands of dollars store) stuff

11 hours ago, 1965 said:

Injectors are dollar store Qualiy too; but all that shit is (thousands of dollars store) stuff

Yes and no!  i'm sure there are more forces at work here that I know about However! In ( my opinion)  the design of the hold down is flawed ! Bolt is to small on the hold down  for starters and  the leverage on the injector is borderline for the job its doing ! And they have jumped from the pot into the fire by changing from the flat washer seal  to the tapper seal exposing more surface area to combustion pressure ! But I would admit to not being an engineer ! Just an observer!😁