Roof-top Wind Deflector

2 hours ago, kscarbel2 said:

Rudkin-Wiley evolved into Airshield Corporation, which was acquired by Core Molding Technologies in 2001. Give them a call..... (614) 870-5012.

Here's another one to call......http://www.spectrumcomposites.com/aerodynamic-deflectors/

thanks for the phone number and for the spectrum website, i'll definitely check to see if they have anything that would work. it says they have them for roof brackets 34-37 " center to center, and my roof brackets are 37.5" center to center. if anything else comes to mind let me know...thanks for the info!

1 minute ago, youngstown.bulldog80 said:

thanks for the phone number and for the spectrum website, i'll definitely check to see if they have anything that would work. it says they have them for roof brackets 34-37 " center to center, and my roof brackets are 37.5" center to center. if anything else comes to mind let me know...thanks for the info!

You're very welcome. Please let us all know how it turns out for you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freightrain said:

Have you called Adelmans?  I haven't driven by lately, but surely they might have something similar.

http://www.adelmans.com/

i'm waiting to hear back from Adelmans...i sent them the pictures of what i needed, so maybe they'll have something. I also did the same with West Point Truck Center in Lisbon. If I could find a used on in decent condition I'd be ok with that, as I'd have to cut out a small section in the bottom-center of it for the rooftop A/C anyhow.

5 minutes ago, youngstown.bulldog80 said:

i'm waiting to hear back from Adelmans...i sent them the pictures of what i needed, so maybe they'll have something. I also did the same with West Point Truck Center in Lisbon. If I could find a used on in decent condition I'd be ok with that, as I'd have to cut out a small section in the bottom-center of it for the rooftop A/C anyhow.

Kenworth offered an electrically risen roof deflector for many years that was a sharp set-up. If you could find a used one..............

Airodyne is Paccar's supplier and they sell what you're looking for.........http://www.airodyne.com/fuel_savings.asp

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kscarbel2 said:

Kenworth offered an electrically risen roof deflector for many years that was a sharp set-up. If you could find a used one..............

Airodyne is Paccar's supplier and they sell what you're looking for.........http://www.airodyne.com/fuel_savings.asp

ok great! will look into that as well. Thanks again!

19 minutes ago, Freightrain said:

Friend has electric version on his K100.  Since it's a toy and rarely pulls a trailer he runs with it down and then puts it up at shows.

What was Kenworth's product name for that proprietary electric deflector? Does anyone recall?

It was just a linear actuator moving it, so you could fabricate something likely on any other model if it had enough structure to support it.

I've used these folks before on a project.  Quick shipping and priced reasonable.

https://www.progressiveautomations.com/

• Like 2

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

• 2 weeks later...

Have you tried Margala & Sons truck Parts?  2640 Youngstown Hubbard Rd Youngstown, OH 44505   330-759-2750

Denny

Edited by DCR
  • Like 1

Denny

330-550-6020

A "Mack Pack" Charter Member

i forgot all about Margala...got on their website, i've just sent them an email. Thanks for reminding me about them. So far I contacted West Point Truck Center, Adelmans, and Aerodyne Industries. West Point had nothing, Adelmans had just one but it was too wide, and Aerodyne said they could make one but it would require new mounting brackets be installed on the cab roof for their style...i told them I had existing mounting brackets but according to the person I spoke with, they are not compatible. USF Holland in North Lima actually has the same style and size on their older road tractors...but they don't have any spares to part with. So I guess the search continues...

17 minutes ago, keg1 said:

You could check with Kennedys near Slippery Rock. Haven't been in there in awhile but they used to get a lot of fleet stuff in. I know they used to have a lot of ABF.

just googled them to get a phone number to call in the AM, but it says permanently closed lol. i'll try the number anyway. but thank you for the message!

On August 30, 2018 at 8:56 PM, youngstown.bulldog80 said:

just googled them to get a phone number to call in the AM, but it says permanently closed lol. i'll try the number anyway. but thank you for the message!

Sorry about that haven't been by there in awhile. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/29/2018 at 9:14 PM, DCR said:

Have you tried Margala & Sons truck Parts?  2640 Youngstown Hubbard Rd Youngstown, OH 44505   330-759-2750

Denny

just an update...went to see Ed at Margala's and i found exactly what i needed, however he doesn't want to separate it from the truck. But, he said he's sure he's got a couple more similar he's just got to "find it". So he told me that he will get back to me in a day or two. Hopefully it works out so I can paint it and put up on the roof before the end of Oct for a show I'd like to go to. And WoW, it's difficult to see from the road but Margala's has a lot of trucks there. Never noticed until today. He had quite a few Ford Louisville's too.

• Like 1