Hi Guys! 

Been a while. Someone turned in for scrap what looks like a 1950 3 axle Mack. Not sure what model or even sure of the date. Looks to me like a 1950. My question is should I try and save anything off it? Looks pretty much complete. No bed. Did they originally come with a turbo? It has a 2 stick transmission. Is it worth saving? I will try and save the instrument cluster.  It only has one of the Bulldogs on the side of the hood left on it but I will grab it for my collection. I didn't have time to check. Were they gas and or Diesel? I might pull the turbo just for kicks. Give me some input if you can. It might get chopped tomorrow or be there for a couple months. I will try and post some pictures when I get some. Where can I search for pictures of Mack's that tell what the models are. Where would the data plate be if this is a 1950? I was looking on Ebay and someone sold a instrument cluster that they said was for a Model B. This one's cluster almost looks the same. The only difference is that the speedometer is the graph type, which of course is missing the key.

Edited by idahosalvage

If you go to Google Images and type in 1950 Mack, you could see if any of the photos match your truck. If they don't, change the year to older or newer years and see what looks like yours. Then you can click on the "visit" button and there may be info on the model number and so on. Or, you could post a pic on here and see if we can help.