04 Granite CV713 with a e7-427?

I been looking around for another truck. Found this 04 Granite, They guy is on vacation so no help there. But the ad says e7 with 427HP. I did not think the granites had e7's . Just wondered if anyone else heard of them having that engine? If the did how is that year of e7? I have a  2000 RD688. And its been a great motor. Really good after replacing injectors, Now up to 7.8 MPG.

Edited by Shmimc1973

A little tweaking for the AI 427 and it will run right along side the RD. You will likely need a turbo, Ex manifold, injectors and a software flash. Or, if your really lucky, someone already did all that and your getting a gem. It was popular and easy to modify the EGR out of this engine (2004-2007). 

Edited by Mack Technician

22 hours ago, Shmimc1973 said:

It says 18 speed. Im always liked my RD models. Its a upgrade too me, lol. That Update might be worth checking into. I thought about taking my 2000 RD in to see if there is any upgrades too it also.

We have one auto and one Maxitorque 8 speed. I like driving either of those more than the rd. Just a much more comfortable truck. The cab is a lot bigger and absorbs the ride better. They also handle better. That’s my opinion. 

my 05 CV713 had the 427 with an eaton 8LL trans it was a rocket!. would out pull, and out run the 05 T800 kenworth with the 470 C13 and 8LL trans

i would still have it, but someone offered 25 grand more than what we paid for it and the boss sold it. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

yup MT did all the R/D on that project there You cant go to far wrong following that program ! Your other option is to replace the cam with the AC cam which would  Probably cost the same or more! and just as much work!

The key is to let the dam thing breath thou the whole manifold setup is VERY restrictive!

• Like 1