In Search Of Good ENDT673 Massachusetts

ramshorn

There is no other numbers stamped in front of the injection pump besides ENDT 673. Even on the build sheets from Mack say the same. #6 rod cap went and blew a hole is the block. I’m looking for something I can swap over parts to fix (thinking this is not possible because their is a lot of different 673’s out there) or just drop in other motor with minimal rebuild. 

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, DM800guy said:

I have a decent 237hp that would go right in there minimal mods and minimal rebuild.  You need to do the injection pump over for the right fuel curve.

I don't know what you mean by right fuel curve, but a stock 237 in front of a triplex or quad will be fine, I drove one that way for years, and it was a working truck, out everyday.    terry:MackLogo:

Ditto.  I really like my triplex behind my 237.  I went to check on retuning the pump but they started talking THOUSANDS of dollars and that made my mind up to leave it alone.  I only split 4 and 5th gears.  Makes it nice actually to drop 1/2 gear on long grades and not have to lug it all the way down to 1100 rpm.   

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

The engine i have is 1979 235 with spin on filters.  It's the later model.  If you would like a picture of it PM me and i'll send it right over to you.

As for the fuel curve gentleman.  If the pump on the engine is set up for a six speed lo-hole which most of them were cause the 18 speeds went away in the early 70's to my knowledge but i could be wrong.  The 18's and triplex's we are all talking about operate from 1500-2100.  The lo-hole with the triple countershaft operates around 1200-1850.  So the timing on the injection pump for the fuel delivery is different.  Hence the term fuel curve.