It's amazing that up intil a few years ago how many B models were still on the road. In Connecticut alone you had White Oak running a bunch, they would just keep painting them brite orange. Anthony Julian R/R construction had a bunch in Bridgeport, one with a rock body. O and G Industries in Torrington with some too and they still use a C model with a compressor on it for their bridge crews. A guy in Litchfield county runs a tri axle B model with a 50 ton low bed and many more. It just goes to show how well built these trucks were, Tim....Too Stack Mack :thumb:

I too remember B Models running a lot longer than many other brand trucks. It wasn't that long ago that I remember an L Model running daily. Around here the B is basically retired, but about once ot twice a month I will see one running the road. About half the time as a work truck and half the time as an enthusiast's truck. I've got to say tho that for some reason, I see more B Models still in operation in the Northeast where you live, more than anywhere else I travel. Probably because of the big time construction companies there that usually favor Macks. Also like mentioned above, the R should follow suit in popularity and longevity.

I am out in CT once a year near Lime rock Raceway and every year I see a few old macks running the road. Last year I saw 2 low boy trucks go by. a B model and a possible a L model loaded with new cat machines. IT was pretty cool to watch them both turn the corner in front of me wile at a stop light. Later that week I saw a single axel dump near Torrington on state Rt 7? I have some pics of that truck I think it was green or dark green?? Near the old coal mine museum or whatever they call it there is a B81 tandem axel with a big rock bed. Always love the east coast for them old Macks.

Here In Chicago there are a few companys that use B models for site work/water trucks etc...

Trent

Guys

Have added a couple of working Bs here in Oz to my Gallery. These pics are by a mate of mine, Barry Kitto, who attended the Alice Springs Reunion.

The red and white B with the sleeper featured in one of the pics may not be a working one but it sure looks like it! The yellow one is a regular sight around Melbourne apparently.

The gallery also has the yellow B81 that is better than any modern truck at pulling an 80 ton dozer across a paddock!

Anyone got some pics of working Bs from the last couple of years, they are the best things to see on the road!

Cheers

Andy :mack1:

Whatever rubs your buddah.

The Mack E Model Registry - 103 entries
The Mack A Model Registry - 14 entries

The red and white B with the sleeper featured in one of the pics may not be a working one but it sure looks like it! 

Andy, I had a look inside this one and the only INTERNAL connection from the cab to the sleeper was where the rear window WAS. Surely no one is small enough to crawl through there. They must enter the sleeper from outside????

Rod.

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

Back when I was a pup, the B63 I drove had a sleeper and the access was through the rear cab window. It had been enlarged (the window) a little but not by much.

I went in and out with no hang-ups.

Now I doubt I could get stood up on the jump seat!LOL

By-the-by, where do you think the term 'Cab lizard' came from?

Packer

Keep a clutchin'