strange sound after recent work.

Ezrider

8 hours ago, Ezrider said:

worked it pretty good today. have the 9k lb overweight ticket to prove it. truck seems very happy. 

ill probably re torque the manifold this weekend. 

is a 9,000 lb ticket very expensive there?    terry

9000lb overweight was $655 to be paid on the spot to be allowed to continue on your way.

cop was decent other than than he scaled me right in the travel lane of a 2 lane highway even though i even suggested traveling to a safer place to do it. if he keeps doing that he is going to cause a accident one of these days. 

friendly but he wasn't cutting any breaks

was kinda a bum deal for me. i actually wasn't that heavy 92k lbs gross. no one mentioned the road had a seasonal load restriction on it. i was following the customers directions. turned off the state highway onto the county highway load restriction signs couldn't be seen till after you made the turn no place to turn off the road or turn around and the dot cop was sitting right on that corner. right after you make the turn you go straight up a grade marked at 9% so there was no hiding that i was heavy as soon as i turned the corner he pulled out and followed me up the hill and stopped me. 

i was 7k lbs over gross for the seasonal load restriction was legal on all axles and gross on the state highway. but was a little light on my steers and my pusher axle and a little heavier on the trailer tridem so the per axle weights added up to 9k over on the load restricted road. 

not mad about it though. i should have checked the load restriction maps before hand. 

i should have mentioned the manifold break in he probably would have let me go with a warning....lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ezrider said:

9000lb overweight was $655 to be paid on the spot to be allowed to continue on your way.

cop was decent other than than he scaled me right in the travel lane of a 2 lane highway even though i even suggested traveling to a safer place to do it. if he keeps doing that he is going to cause a accident one of these days. 

friendly but he wasn't cutting any breaks

was kinda a bum deal for me. i actually wasn't that heavy 92k lbs gross. no one mentioned the road had a seasonal load restriction on it. i was following the customers directions. turned off the state highway onto the county highway load restriction signs couldn't be seen till after you made the turn no place to turn off the road or turn around and the dot cop was sitting right on that corner. right after you make the turn you go straight up a grade marked at 9% so there was no hiding that i was heavy as soon as i turned the corner he pulled out and followed me up the hill and stopped me. 

i was 7k lbs over gross for the seasonal load restriction was legal on all axles and gross on the state highway. but was a little light on my steers and my pusher axle and a little heavier on the trailer tridem so the per axle weights added up to 9k over on the load restricted road. 

not mad about it though. i should have checked the load restriction maps before hand. 

i should have mentioned the manifold break in he probably would have let me go with a warning....lol

The last overweights I got were like 9-10000 dollars. In nyc the use bridge formula. Overweight on tandem, overweight on front axle, overweight on wheelbase, overweight on registration. And they don’t let you use dropaxle during scaling. Outside of nyc I can carry 71,000lbs. Once I’m in the 5 boros I can only carry 54,000. The truck empty weighs about 31,000. So only able to carry 23,000 legally. That’s like a half load. It’s insane. The tickets are enough to put someone out of business. We give the tickets to a lawyer and he gets them knocked down, so that helps a lot but then you still gottta pay the lawyer.

here there not too bad till you go more than 10k lbs over. once you hit 10k over the fine rate per lb doubles. so another 1000lbs i would have been looking at like $1300 i guess still not too awful bad. 

i run 7 axle tractor trailer. divisible loads i have to stay in bridge law was perfectly legal with that load at 92k lbs gross other than i turned down a road that had spring frost law weight restrictions in place. and of course they place the signs were you cant see them until after your already on the road. 

the hopper gives me the best bridge weight out of all my trailers at 98K lbs i carry over 32 tons of payload in it. i was pulling my side dump this week i get 96k on non restricted roads. can legally haul 29 tons. i only had 26.8 on when i got stopped.

can purchase harvest and winter weight permits that allow me to go up to 105,500 lbs. 

i saw the dot cop sitting there on the corner before i even made the turn then but wasn't to worried about it i wasn't overweight for normal roads and knew i didn't have any equipment violations. right after i make the turn i see the weight restriction sign then see the 9% grade sign and think well sh(& then he pulls out and follows me up the grade in the climbing lane without going around me i knew i was about to have some fun.

i haven't had a overweight in probably the last 5 years not to say i have not been over weight but every time i found myself on a set of dot scales i was always legal. so i guess its about time. i normally try to keep things pretty legal though. i can scale more than the average truck around here so i don't really need to push the limits. 

here you don't really get a chance to use a lawyer to get the ticket knocked down. they want you to pay the ticket on the spot. if you pay on the spot they send you on your way if you want to be cited and pay later or arrange a court date they will put you out of service until you can make your weight legal. so yeah shovel 9k lbs out of your truck into another truck or give them a credit card or write a check for the 655 dollar fine and go drive the last 10 miles to where you were going and unload.