Pleased With New Cxu 613

The company i work for bought a 2008 cxu 613 back in May, and we are very pleased with it. The truck is a day cab with the 485 w/13 spd. eaton/fuller, duel pipes, dura brites, chrome bumper, red in color, upgraded interior. The only problem we've had is the EGR valve spread apart and was leaking oil,which the fix was a new EGR valve. The second problem was a vibration going through the gears. The fix for the problem was new shocks and motor mounts (dont' know if this was good or not?), but other than that the truck does not vibrate anymore and it runs awsome. The mp 8 has pletty of power, and the powerleash is great. The truck has 30,000 on it now and gets ran 7 days a week 365 days a year, about 250 miles a day hauling milk. As far as the DPF, if i didn't visually see it on the truck I would never know it is there. Just wanted to give my 2 cents about the new tech. and hopefully the truck continues to run great.

The company i work for bought a 2008 cxu 613 back in May, and we are very pleased with it. The truck is a day cab with the 485 w/13 spd. eaton/fuller, duel pipes, dura brites, chrome bumper, red in color, upgraded interior. The only problem we've had is the EGR valve spread apart and was leaking oil,which the fix was a new EGR valve. The second problem was a vibration going through the gears. The fix for the problem was new shocks and motor mounts (dont' know if this was good or not?), but other than that the truck does not vibrate anymore and it runs awsome. The mp 8 has pletty of power, and the powerleash is great. The truck has 30,000 on it now and gets ran 7 days a week 365 days a year, about 250 miles a day hauling milk. As far as the DPF, if i didn't visually see it on the truck I would never know it is there. Just wanted to give my 2 cents about the new tech. and hopefully the truck continues to run great.

Every CHU we have sold has had the same vibration as yours, the engineers have us change the rear shocks, rear engine mounts and the cab mounts and this seem so solve the problem. I have heard of a few EGR valve issues. I hope the new fix for the injector cups solve that problem too. We have had no issues with the DPF on the CXU,CHU and GU's. We have to clean the end of the 7th injector every now and then but other than that, trouble free. We have had no low power complaints at all on the MP8 engines. MPG seem to be better as well. Good luck

Every CHU we have sold has had the same vibration as yours, the engineers have us change the rear shocks, rear engine mounts and the cab mounts and this seem so solve the problem. I have heard of a few EGR valve issues. I hope the new fix for the injector cups solve that problem too. We have had no issues with the DPF on the CXU,CHU and GU's. We have to clean the end of the 7th injector every now and then but other than that, trouble free. We have had no low power complaints at all on the MP8 engines. MPG seem to be better as well. Good luck

Just turned 65,000 on our CX and no problems at all to date. First day out it went back to the dealer and discovered the right side cab mount was not tightened. Probably a Volvo guy snuck across the lines and loosened it at the factory! The MP8 at 485 horses is doing well too.

post-198-1227161564.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Hello,

What kind of fuel mileage are MP8's getting?

what gears are you guys running?

How dose the power compare to the competitors?

The cxu I run has 3.73 ratio w/13spd. Fuel mileage is around 5.8-6 mile per gallon, but we do alot of short running and stop and go. As far as power goes, I've ran a 14L 515 detroit before, and the 485 will run right with it if not better, very pleased with the power of this motor! Also impressed wth the DPF system so far. If you didn't know it was on the truck you'd never know its there.