Heated Bed

slug

Question

Hi guys, Does anyone have a suggestion for turning my non-heated bed into a heated bed. I am in the Northeast and about to start hauling asphalt soon. Need to heat the bed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks. Dan

5 answers to this question

i have been hauling asphalt in New Jersey, New York, and Connecticut  for 35 years and have never had a heated  body. never had any problems keeping the body clean.

• Like 1

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..

FIRST- you need a body that can be heated..many have closed welding, you need one that has openings for heat

make a "squash plate" so when you bring the body down it will take the exhaust...spring loaded type

just douse the body with diesel fuel, will clean out easy

• Like 1

Success is only a stones throw away.................................................................for a Palestinian

you need to know who your working for before using diesel fuel. most states/entities will not allow diesel in the body, and the inspector will refuse to load the truck if diesel is in it.the release agent at the asphalt plant works very good. most plants have either a soap mix dispenser, or soy oil dispenser rite at the plant entrance for drivers to use, some have the sprayer directly on the plant that automatically sprays the body as you pull under to get loaded. 

when you are up to your armpits in alligators,

it is hard to remember you only came in to drain the swamp..