New Illinois State Holiday for 2018

41chevy

Went in to effect Today January 1st. 

Illinois makes 'Barack Obama Day' a state holiday

By Brandon Carter

Illinois makes 'Barack Obama Day' a state holiday

Former President Obama is being honored with a new state holiday in his former state of Illinois.

Illinois Gov. Bruce Rauner (R) signed a measure Friday to make Aug. 4 " Barack Obama Day ” in the state, according to NBC Chicago . The holiday will be celebrated each year on Obama’s birthday beginning in 2018.

The day is “set apart to honor   the 44th President of the United States of America who is America's most beloved President. A man began his career serving the People of Illinois in both the Illinois State Senate and the United States Senate, and dedicated his life to protecting the rights of Americans and building bridges across communities , countries and races.”

Senate Bill 55 was passed by both state houses with no votes against it.. 

"It's incredibly proud for Illinois that the president came from Illinois. I think it's awesome, and I think we should celebrate it," Rauner stated.

Edited by 41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Yay! Whoop-dee-doo! Funny,he was only "from" Illinois after various  other stops along the way. Where did he end up coming from anyway? I heard Hawaii,Kenya (like Kenya produce a  birth certificate?). Who knows? Gov. Bruce has to save a little  face here. He's been  pretty  tough  on the lefty's and it's an election  year! Al  

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

Freightrain, one of my short list of heroes just got elected to the motorsports hall of fame! ..."lil"John Buttera! Who else would qualify a car at Indy, with a 258 rambler block! Obviously not stock! Bob told me he drove his model A roadster from California to Cleveland,where he got to see it! There is a whole gallery of the cars he built on Google! Bob says hello by the way!