2000 Mack rd 688 tq rod

Rear end tq rod that runs from chassis to top of rear end with stud on 1 end cross bolt on other anybody have a reasonable price part number place to get this beside the Mack dealership..munes is about gone I can move it with my hand..

20170216_144007.jpg

8 hours ago, Hobert62 said:

Just wondering what kinda weight you run on the steering axle when loaded with a setup like that?

The trick is tagged at 72000 ..425 65 22.5 floats on front ..not sure bout front weight but there are plenty of trucks set up this way even new trucks are built like this now days

Just courious that's all.   Around here all you see is tri-axles and they are liecenesed at 73280.     With both your lift axles it dosent look like you would have much of the load transferred to the front axle.   

Edited by Hobert62

You can get a universal one that you have to copy the length from your original one and weld it together with a sleave but I don't think they hold up as good as the original mack part. That is my opinion after 3 macks at work. How bad is that to drive on wet pavement with the two lifts down? I drove a Brockway triaxle and it had 10-24s on the front I liked it better then the 425s on the newer trucks at work.

Not bad to drive in rain long as you don't have to much air in the drops..i run about 30 psi ..in my Tri axle I had 50 and couldn't turn had to pick the axle up or hit the ditch.lol so now I run 30 in it as well ..but all together the truck drives very well and pulled great..time for a oil change and air filters I only can pull bout 9psi of boost..

• Like 1

Where you located.  I have used pai and atro poly bushings get through inland truck or custom truck and equipment in the mid west and i have them pressed in there they have all the tools and tricks so usally if they have them about 1/2 hour or I drop off and pick up next day if they order them

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."