Vin location 1950 LJSXW

There's a guy in town that has an 1950 LJSXW truck.  The vin plate is gone and he cannot locate the vin anywhere on the truck.  Where did Mack stamp the vin on these trucks?  

I don't know when things changed but the VIN stamping on E models, A models and many L models were done on the rear frame rail left side.  This is problematic due to bodies being put on and cut off, corrosion, etc.  Soon the numbers are obliterated and can't be found.

Here is a nice rear stamping on an LJT.  L J T 1 D 5 9 7 *

100_2116 - Copy.JPG

Jim

It doesn't cost anything to pay attention.

My 52 75A is on the front right frame horn, but it could be different for fire apparatus. Jim knows these trucks far better than I do.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

On March 20, 2017 at 5:26 AM, Coenut said:

There's a guy in town that has an 1950 LJSXW truck.  The vin plate is gone and he cannot locate the vin anywhere on the truck.  Where did Mack stamp the vin on these trucks?  

Is this the crane truck the guy with the B67 had?    How did you make out with that one?

Yes it is him.   The cab is just about completely shot.  Missing lots of parts as well.  I'm still kicking it over though for a parts and title truck.   I did buy a b 42 model that was less than a mile from my house.  Never even knew it was there.