Clutch

MACKS

They did mine for $300.  Surfaced, new lining on the disc.  Shipping extra(this stuff is HEAVY).  Like 3 day turnaround.  This of course was a single disc.

No one around here deals with this old stuff anymore.  Someone here posted this place and I called them.  Nice people.

Edited by Freightrain

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

59 minutes ago, BGarofalo said:

Whats the part number they priced for you?  I'll tell you how much they are.  A 2250 ft/lbs easy pedal should be about $700. 

Part #20892591 Eaton easy pedal,brand new not a reman I think 1650 ft pounds.

A new eaton clutch #208925-25 which is 2050ft/lbs is $680.00. 

There used to be different clutches for Mack due to the fork facing down. It interfered with the grease fitting. All eaton clutches now come with 3 grease fittings so this is a direct fit. 

6 hours ago, BGarofalo said:

A new eaton clutch #208925-25 which is 2050ft/lbs is $680.00. 

There used to be different clutches for Mack due to the fork facing down. It interfered with the grease fitting. All eaton clutches now come with 3 grease fittings so this is a direct fit. 

Wow that's quite a difference in price,I looked right on his computer it listed for 1400 and change,they sold it to me for 1100. Just checked the box, part # 208925-91,1650 max torque, guess i should have shopped around..

• 2 weeks later...

Ok just found out why the difference in cost,the clutch from Mack comes with an installation kit,new input shaft,with bearing and updated cover,pilot bearing,clutch brake,cross shaft bearings,not sure hat else,si I will stick with this one and replace all those wearable parts,goes in next week..

• Like 1