Centri-Max filter not spinning

I just did an oil change today and changed the Centri-Max filter and i noticed it is not spinning I took it back apart to double check and it is the same as the one that came off and it is not upside down. Any help is appreciated thanks.

Make sure you are using the right element. There is a centrimac 2 and a centrimac plus. The plus has a plastic housing and doesn't have a drain hose on the filter canister. The plus also has a round o ring and the centrimac 2 has a square cut o ring. On the pluses you can definitely hear them spinning while the engine is running. 

I think there were 3 different centramax  systems. The first one screwed up from the bottom and had the rubber elbow hose off the bottom that drained back in to the block. Later on  They came out with two different ones , they both mounted from the top, one version was I think discontinued and it was for MR's and LE's and had a white spinner filter. I only saw a few of thoses, I think they came out with conversion  kit to change it over to the black spinner filter that were more common. Clear as mud right? 

• Like 1

I double checked and triple checked the part and part number. I put it in with the dome on top so you can read the writing on it. It is the black one which my 07 owners manual says is the newer style. I did put 1 gallon of Lucas in first and then the oil on top  so i dont know if that has to heat up and mix in first. When i took it apart to check i did notice it was full of oil and it did spin freely on the shaft.

Ok I got to use the truck today and it seams to be working. My guess is that I put the Lucas oil in first and the 15-40 on top of that so when it first started it pulled the Lucas from the bottom and was too thick for it to spin. Once the oil got good and hot and had a chance to mix it was thin enough to work. Does anyone know if the sump pulls right to the spinner?

Thanks. Its working as it should now. I'm guessing it had to heat up and blend together. Now I'm wondering if I should use the Lucas on the next oil change or if i should add it different. On all of my other trucks I never had a spinner filter so I never noticed it before. I don't want to clog the filter and starve the engine of oil.

Thanks. Its working as it should now. I'm guessing it had to heat up and blend together. Now I'm wondering if I should use the Lucas on the next oil change or if i should add it different. On all of my other trucks I never had a spinner filter so I never noticed it before. I don't want to clog the filter and starve the engine of oil.

Usually when I add Lucas, I put half my oil in then the Lucas then top off with oil. Probably mixes better that way

What's the Lucas oil really supposed to do? 

Lucas advertises cling to metal parts better than oil to avoid dry starts, also minimize viscosity breakdown in high temperatures. All I know is my 2000 CX 427 had Lucas since new as long as I owned it, now going on 2 million miles yet to be overhauled. Bottom end bearings once in that time. Maybe Lucas had something to do with it, maybe not.