GM performance issues

joshua

This is a query regarding my Duramax 6.6L. Recently I noticed some acceleration issues with it. I thought it might be due to the dusty air filter. I bought one from BC Diesel (http://bcdiesel.ca/) and replaced it. But still, it is not okay. What could be the other elements that affect GM diesel performance? Somebody here who have got expertise in GM repair, please help me with your suggestions.

Like any diesel performance depends on having enough fuel and air. My first shot would be to replace the fuel filter. Next, especially if it is an older DMax, would be to check fuel pressure and consider adding a lift pump.

I assume it is not showing any codes?

Here is a great forum to search out answers to DMax issues: http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/index.php

• Like 1

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I think the big three are talking changing filters at 20,000 miles. 

Both my 2011 DMax and the new 2016 DMax use the "DIC" to tell the operator when it is time to replace the fuel filter. At 98K miles the 2011 has had one or two filters. (If you ever changed a fuel filter on a DMax you remember it, what a PIA.)

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I've never worked on a duramax, but as the others say generally speaking when a diesel isn't running right,and you don't have a code  in,you replace the filters,Youve done the air,so do the fuel next! The air filter was dusty so there is a real good chance the fuel filters are too! If the trucks mileage is a lot lower than the mileage where the manufacturer recommends fuel filters be replaced,you could try a good injector cleaner Lucas and Howes are good products.assuming the truck isn't running so poorly you're afraid of breaking down! If the filters are vertical spin on they have to primed,diesel fuel atf,or additive works. I believe all vehicles gas or diesel should have an additive at least every other fill up!Good luck Joshua!