Conversion U-Joint

ranchhopper

Does anyone know if they make a conversion U-Joint for big trucks I know they make them for pickups and one ton size trucks. I have a much bigger yoke on the front axle of the camelback suspension I replaced the reyco with in the superliner I have to have the driveshaft retubed to lengthen it next week. I have both driveshafts from both trucks the original from the superliner which is probably an inch narrower than the one that came off the truck the axles came from trying to pinch pennies looking for the best route to go.

That's what we did back in high school when we put a 5.0l and five speed from a 80 something f-150 in a 91 explorer (no 5.0l that generation).  Brought the machine shop both drive shafts and the measurements, and he made it work and look good.

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

Yup, since the shop has to make a new shaft, it's easier and less costly to have them put correct yoke put on the camel back end. You'll be ahead in the long run.    Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE