Can you turn up an AMI-300

I think I know the trucks you are talking about.   Pretty sure they are old Harry Kuhn trucks.   Believe you would have to swap cams, turbo, and timing?  Those 8 spds are the 3 dirt gears 5 street gears type.   The pricing and mileage are attractive, but  I think it would take to much money To make them usable.  

sure look like Kuhn trucks, but they seem to have maint records from day one...definitely plain jane trucks like Kuhn. 89000 miles and 4500 hrs on a 04 seems very low to me. our 07 granite has about 120k and 11000 hrs  - by the time I put alum rims and whatever else in it, I might as well buy something else. But the price sure seems like a good deal for the miles!
I think hauling 80000 with the 300 and a 8 spd would suck most of the time

Where are these trucka I'd tell my boss .l haul 72000 with a 300 and seven speed ain't an airplane  but gets the job doneb.the granite 6 wheeler we have has an ai400 mack 10 sp with the 5 speed reverse. 4.64 rears it runs pretty  good.the 427 with the 4.42 seems kinda lame in the last gear on the 13 sp.it's in an 04 granite

On the AI engines you just need a turbo and inectors and download to go all the way to 460 HP. Your local Mack dealer can submitt a HP change request via Macks email system and tell you what part numbers you need and the cost of the download if any. We do it everyday here. On the AI engines, we have had Mack say they could not go to 460 due to some EPA issue for that year but were able to go to 427. Also on the AI engine , 4.42 gears are the hightest i'd ever go with . 4.64's work best tall 22.5rubber. You could have your dealer do the software updates (Step 12B)on the 300 and see if it helps if it hasnt beed done yet.