Painted inside of doors

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Nice paint job and great work on the door. I am rebuilding two doors on a 64 B61 and I would appreciate information on window channel suppliers.  My driver side door hinges are in poor shape and I could use advice on repairing those.  I found who Watt’s is and their B model roll up window channel.  http://www.wattstruckcenter.com/store/index.php?route=product/category&path=60_75

Better slow than not moving at all.👍

Thanks

Edited by HugeHugh

I got everything from Watts . The roll up channel that the glass mounts in was different from the original and had to be modified .  My driver door hinges were poor also . Rebuilding them looked to be a big job . There was a post on them sometime ago but you would have to have to more machinist tools and skills than I have . I found a set at Macungie  .  They were new but tan in color and the seller did not know what they fit . They went in the door pillar ok but the bottom hinge holes for the door were off . I cut the strap in half turned it over welded it and everything fit. I used Ditzler MAE 45735 LT GREEN MET paint . Best of luck with your doors 

The basic hinges are the some from right to left. My left hinges were worn out so I took an extra set of right hinges and welded the door mounting holes shut and re drilled them off the pattern from the left, also I cut the little tab off and welded it to the other side. The right hinges are most often good.

Mike you are right as I see it.  I had the right door hung and adjusted then the left was was hung with the top hinge bolted to the door.  Instead of removing the door I just took the lower hinge out cut the strap or arm and welded it.  For me this was faster than welding, drilling, and taping new holes.