2017 Ford F-150 News

kscarbel2

What is worse is they pay production costs for a commercial for them. 

Think of the money ford makes on this deal. One less step on the assembly line, 4 less products to stock at the plant and move, the price of the product is saved too. If they save $10 a truck on a million trucks, that pays for a corporate salary. 

21 hours ago, mowerman said:

I had heard that EcoBoost wasn't that great on mileage I don't worry about it myself I have a short commute I only burn a little over two gallons a week with my mustang...bob

Yeah I don't worry about the mileage either because I swore off Ford trucks after Ford refused to honor the warranty on a new F250 I bought in 1981.  They completely screwed me over. Maybe their quality is OK now but I'm still boycotting them.  I believe it is a company without a sole and a defective culture. Ford Motor Company could disappear from this earth and it wouldn't matter a bit to anyone except their employees.

And that's how I really feel.

Edited by grayhair

Lol everyone's got issues I guess.... I drove Chevy for years and I pretty much did the same thing with them with way overpriced parts. Started buying Ford's around 30 years ago a lot easier to deal with...But yes I can appreciate your complaint.. .bob

Headline - In accordance with their long-standing tradition, Ford pushes a major problem to it's customers. No matter its a new vehicle we sold to you... We say Caveat emptor.  You are screwed anyway.

DETROIT (AP) — The U.S. government's auto safety agency is reviewing a Ford Motor Co. recall of thousands of cars, SUVs and vans that can run low on coolant and potentially overheat and catch fire after the company proposed a remedy that doesn't fix the coolant problem.

Ford notified the agency about the recall, which has caused 29 engine fires, in paperwork dated last week. The automaker said it would install a sensor that warns owners when coolant is low in the 1.6-Liter turbocharged engines. The sensor does not solve the underlying problem of vanishing coolant.

The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration said Tuesday it is reviewing the recall. "The agency will take appropriate action as necessary," an agency spokeswoman said in a statement. She would not provide further details. The agency confirmed the review after The Associated Press raised questions about Ford's remedy.

NHTSA could determine that the fix solves the fire problem, or it could open an investigation to see if more repairs are needed.

Experts say coolant shouldn't become depleted in newer cars, and that Ford may be cutting costs by shifting responsibility for the problem to owners. Coolant could be leaking from a number of places, or the engine could be burning it, both of which could cause significant engine trouble down the road — especially if owners don't religiously watch coolant levels and act immediately if they get low.

"All you're doing is monitoring a symptom, not solving a problem," said John Nielsen, managing director of automotive engineering for AAA. "A healthy engine doesn't leak coolant at all. Ever."

The recall includes about 230,000 vehicles in North America. Ford said engines can overheat if coolant gets low, causing the cylinder head to crack and spew oil that can catch fire. No injuries have been reported in any of the fires.

Parts won't be available to install the coolant-level sensor until later this year. In the meantime, Ford will send letters to owners telling them how to check coolant and add some if it gets low.

Elizabeth Weigandt, a company spokeswoman, said the sensor solves the safety problem. "You would stay informed as to how much coolant you have in the engine," she said. "That would address the unique risk of the cylinder head cracking."

The new sensor would turn on a dashboard warning light, she said.

Edited by grayhair

This vehicle shouldn't even be allowed to be sold. Ford upper management should have the scruples to pull these cars and fix them right. So in 5 years there will be a bunch of college or high school kids that have bought these used and can't afford to fix them. I would hope ford takes a little more pride in their products. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...