Caterpillar transformers

41chevy

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

• Like 1

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Kinda nice to see a story on here from my neck of the woods!  and to see Swannak's mentioned is cool too, I was in FFA with one of their sons (Art) but the areal photos don't do that chunk of the state any justice! its much steeper than it appears. R,A, Hanson Co. made hillside kits for J.D. and IH combines that would allow them to level to 50 degrees (if memory serves correct) and many a scary rides were taken on the slick stubble . the top soil in that area is unreal ! up to 17 feet deep in places and solid basalt under it,     

she must be some good soil to even try and farm slopes like that 50 degree would need one leg shorter than the other to walk around the hill you could roll start your crawler tractor on them hills ok if the pilot motor wouldnt run LOL

Paul

• Like 1

I've seen some combines Paul that have a self leveling cab for harvesting on side hills. Neighbor of mine used to work on them in Washington years ago. .

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

yeah crazy stuff but the yields must be good to warrant the special machines most wheat growing areas in Australia only yield a ton to the acre on a good year and some years they dont even get there seed back 

Paul 

1 hour ago, mrsmackpaul said:

yeah crazy stuff but the yields must be good to warrant the special machines most wheat growing areas in Australia only yield a ton to the acre on a good year and some years they dont even get there seed back 

Paul 

Shoot 33 bushels to the acre (1 ton) isn't too bad for dry land farming. Like you said some dry years certainly make it seem like seeding was a waste of time. Have a good one. 

The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by the people who vote for a living.

The government can only "give" someone what they first take from another.

from the grain farmers I have spoken to when I was milking cows 1 good year in 5 is what they bank on dry land when they are stripping irrigated wheat the headers (you blokes call them combines ) are crawling along at a snails pace and field bins all up and down the bays and yes very high yeilds like over there on irrigated crops

have had a few years were it blows dust nearly every day for six months and the sky is red from around 3 in the afternoon

Back from 2002 till 2005 the farmers didnt have enough water for even a chemical fallow was some dry years from 2001 - 2010 and then massive floods to be a farmer gotta have rocks in your head yet Im still farming LOL not real bright hey ???

A lot of the farmers went back to a cultivation fallow didnt help the dust problem but they had little choice 

But when it rains its like the garden of Eden its beautiful and the colours are so bright of all the crops it almost hurts your eyes driving along the roads  

enough dribble from me 

Paul

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, 41chevy said:

1931 Caterpillar in  Pullman,  Washington.

1931 pullman washington.jpg

• Like 2

P.T.CHESHIRE