Looking For A Hood Emblem:

I really would like to find an RL-700-L hood emblem for an R model. I am short one for the Cat powered truck an plan to get going onto this project just after the first of the year.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 1 month later...
I really would like to find an RL-700-L hood emblem for an R model. I am short one for the Cat powered truck an plan to get going onto this project just after the first of the year.

Thanks,

Rob

if you want you could go to a local junk yard and if they have a RL-700-L then maybe you could buy it off of them

if you want you could go to a local junk yard and if they have a RL-700-L then maybe you could buy it off of them

That is a good idea Jocko. However the RL700L series of trucks were "Western" models and have not been produced in many years. They were not near as common as several of the rest of production models. In my neck of the woods the "Western's" were very few and far between. My eyes have only seen the two I have in my possession.

Really appreciate your offer of help and wish you luck with obtaining a restorable project!

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

i have a set of emblems for you rob they came off my rl700l when i replaced the hood because someone backed in to it ill snap some pics when i get to the shop on monday

Man that would be great! Will end a two year search.

Thanks,

Rob

sorry rob i have rs700l emblems on my truck which is trashed now because a driver backed into it on christmas and distroyed the hood and it was a new hood because 3 months ago another driver backed into it and thrashed the hood and radiator this truck just loves distroying hoods

I certainly appreciate the offer to help. I'll keep looking, they're out there, just haven't located them yet.

Rob

so does this mean you have a set of rs700l emblems to get rid of?

regards Grant

yea i have one rs700l emblem in good shape just needs to be shined up also rob i have one rl700l emblem if you want it for some reason all my trucks lose the emblem on the passenger side but i have one of each so let me now also this is a parts truck if you need anything else let me no there is no motor or trans or rear ends

yea i have one rs700l emblem in good shape just needs to be shined up also rob i have one rl700l emblem if you want it for some reason all my trucks lose the emblem on the passenger side but i have one of each so let me now also this is a parts truck if you need anything else let me no there is no motor or trans or rear ends

I would like to have the single RL-700-L emblem as I'm only missing one.

You can send me a pm with details.

Appreciate it.

Thanks,

Rob

Here is my RL-755-LST. Think it's been awhile since I posted it here. The hood emblem is missing on the left side.

My understanding is that this is the only truck of it's series in existance, with only three built of the type originally.

Rob