A couple Wisconsin Macks

The quad axle looks like a Richard Hribar(Ry-bar)or Hribar Sand & Gravel truck. The Hribar family has been trucking around S. Wis. since wheels were invented.They were known for rebuilding trucks several times. Looks like they're still at it. That DM looks to be around an '86 or older,as they extended the front end to accommodate the CMCAC (starting with the '87 models I believe). Somewhere I have a picture of that Floyd's B-67 wrecker.Nice pics,Brian. Al

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

The quad axle looks like a Richard Hribar(Ry-bar)or Hribar Sand & Gravel truck. The Hribar family has been trucking around S. Wis. since wheels were invented.They were known for rebuilding trucks several times. Looks like they're still at it. That DM looks to be around an '86 or older,as they extended the front end to accommodate the CMCAC (starting with the '87 models I believe). Somewhere I have a picture of that Floyd's B-67 wrecker.Nice pics,Brian. Al

Thanks Al. That DM was definitely a Hribar truck. I figured someone would have a picture of that B outside. Must just be a garage ornament now.

Mack58B42 is spot on. There is something about B-model wreckers that just make a guy turn and stare. They really start the drool pumps. I think they are the meanest looking of the B-models...especially the tandem axle models. Maybe it is the fact that when every other truck has or had a bad day....it was the B-model wrecker that would show up to take over the situation. They just appear to be a beefy no-nonsence truck. I was at a truck show about three years ago and a single axle B-model wrecker pulled into position and parked right in front of me. To my surprise, one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen hopped out of the driver's seat. For some reason...just seemed appropriate.

• Like 2