American Truck Historical Society publicity video

I'm glad that someone is preserving the documentation.

However, I've never cared for the tone over at the ATHS. Though lacking the ATHS's wealth, the ATCA is a much warmer group of people.

Not sure what the tone is you are talking about but since I have been a member couple three years I have not heard anything that was controversial, I volunteer maybe a couple times a month and there is a lot of work to do to keep the place organized.

I am a chapter treasure, so far what I have seen locally is we have a hard time getting everyone to attend <<<we have 38 members and dues are $15 a year>>> the truck shows, but most are up there in age and not many younger guys. We do try and have good fellowship when we get together, just about every meeting we do a Breakfast or Lunch, that usually brings folks in but not always. The local chapter co-sponsors a few different events like a hog roast, Touch a Truck and the Midwest All Truck Nationals, with the Cat Club, Chevy Club and International Harvester Club.

FYI The Three Trails Chapter is sponsoring an ATHS open house with a BBQ lunch in March.

Robert

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."

I am a member of both since '86 (ATHS) and '88 (ATCA). I am very grateful we have these organizations to belong to. They both have their place as far as I'm concerned. I have to say for the BULLDOG follower,the ATCA and the Macungie show really "take the cake" for my brand. There is also a misconception about the other makes. I tell the brand X guys,hey the ATCA is not just about MACK'S,they're about old trucks period. They just happen to be in the heart of BULLDOG COUNTRY. They feature a different brand at Macungie every year to prove that. I do like the video,and I am surprised there wasn't already one produced. I think we missed the boat in some ways by not having one out there before. Al

• Like 2

IF YOU BOUGHT IT, A TRUCK BROUGHT IT..AND WHEN YOU'RE DONE WITH IT, A TRUCK WILL HAUL IT AWAY!!! Big John Trimble,WRVA

ATHS is not as inclusive or interesting as ATCA. ATHS does not permit any truck on it's cover that is not "restored". Many beautiful antique trucks are out there but the bloated ATHS does not recognize them but they do constantly beg for money for their headquarters. Most issues of the publication are devoted to modern trucks and as such has no interest to me. JMO.

ron

I agree with BCR, I am a member of both and newsletter editor for the ATHS Palmetto Upstate chapter. I have also worked closely with Phil Hrynenko in establishing the ATCA Palmetto Classic Iron chapter along the I-95 corridor of SC.

The mission statement of each organization is different.. ATHS, the history of the trucking industry. ATCA the history of the trucks. As antique / historical truck enthustists we can learn from both..

KSC: The "tone" of ATHS has improved greatly with the replacement of Johnson!! The new man Don Bretthauer is much more down to earth and willing to work with everybody.

• Like 1

Brocky