Jukebox for my 12 model chu

Was at the Mack place today getting some stuff & ask them about a radio for my truck ( mine the CD player not working good) & figured another factory unit would be easy with just plugging it up; they said around $125 bucks but after they looked it up it was over $600; said it goes through the computer; it's just an am/fm/cd/weather radio; figured that kind of money it would have a lifetime satalite one; does this sound right? Has anyone put a different type in? Any suggestions; Thanks

Oh they said they had satalite radios but they were for older trucks; that doesn't make sense

One of the '14 trucks where I work had an issue with the radio that caused the lightning bolt to come on, so it does go through the computer. I'm not surprised by the price either. The one I drive. also a '14, has am/fm/cd and satellite. I'm not sure why they wouldn't have the same radio for a '12 at the dealer.

Jim

My '14 Volvo had the radio linked with the dashboard somehow. Set the clock in the dashboard and the radio time would synchronize. Sound would automatically lower according to truck speed, as well. My '15 doesn't work that way, though I think it is supposed to, as the steering wheel volume and seek controls don't work, either.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE

Gabrellie MACK said as long as the non MACK radio is a direct ISO plug and play, the data link / sync should be there. Part of the data link is for controlling the volume at speed, clock sync and day / night lighting.

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE