Injector removal problem

ranchhopper

Good luck. Last 2 valve I did I decided they were getting rebuilt for that reason. Had puller so tight it was twisting out of shape. Soaked in oil for a few days, lightly air hammered around them and heated head some. I also attached a big slide hammer to return line fitting. I think that helped the most but you'll need an extra fitting for top of injector.

Some times two hell bars will get them out but I have had to cut the hold down bolts with a torch just below the injector then you can turn them back and forth while spray PB blaster in the injector cups.There is a puller that can be got from mack tools that work good also.Also I have pulled the sleeve with the injector on a few.Always use antiseze when install new ones.

• Like 2

glenn akers

I had one that after 2 different pullers and various methods of removal it ripped the thread off the top of the injector. Ended up welding a nut to the top and using a puller with an air hammer. Came out with the sleeve.

I would say your best bet at salvaging them is remove the studs and use 2 very large prybars while twisting like said above.