Looking for Mack 1950 A-model - Lampeter Fire Company

Mack E 5-4-3

Hi, everyone. I'm looking for information on a 1950 A-model Mack that was originally owned by Lampeter Fire Company in Lancaster County, PA. Our 100th anniversary celebration is in 2016, and I'm attempting to track the engine down. It was sold by the company in either 1991 or 1992. Unfortunately, I have no more information other than what I've posted above.

If you have any information, or know of someone who might, please feel free to send me a private message to let me know. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Hannah

100th Anniversary Committee Chair

Lampeter Fire Company

https://www.facebook.com/LFC100YearAnniversary

Any idea of what model, other than an "A" it is? (45, 75, 405, 505, etc.)

Do you have the information from the Mack Museum that would give you the chassis number?

Is it open cab, semi-open, or closed cab?

Pumper, ladder truck, squad?

Have spoken to Harvey Eckart to see if he happens to know where it is?

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

I believe that is a Type 45A. An acquaintance of mine started his fire service career as a volunteer with Lampeter. We have talked about this piece a couple of times.

There was an IH dealer in Cumberland, MD that bought and sold a few Mack fire trucks. I cannot remember his name, but I'm sure someone on here will know who I am talking about. I would check with him.

Money, sex, and fire; everybody thinks everyone else is getting more than they are!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...