High speed vibration

I just started getting a new vibration ( at about 50-60 mph) Its the same loaded, empty, accelerating, coasting in gear and coasting in neutral. Once i drop below 50 sometimes down to 45 it pretty much goes away. At about 65 it also isn't as noticible.

I checked everything in the front end. It all looks tight. tires all good.

thanks

A wobble through the steering wheel would make me guess the front wheels are out of balance.

But as far as the whole truck, it could be a lot of things. Ive never had the pleasure of experiencing such a thing.

I could throw out some ideas however, check your drive shafts. They have a weight welded on to balance them, make sure it hasn't fallen off. Centre bearing and uni joints. Out of round tyre.

• 3 weeks later...

Check your driveline for wear or play and check your tires. I had a Freightliner FL70 box truck do the same thing. It was the drive tires out of balance. I jacked it up and spun the wheels slowly. The wheel went back the opposite way I spun it. I put a couple balance bags in the the tires and it made it for away.