Hotrod's Hotrod.........

Very artistic Darren. Thank you.

I know the owner of the Trident in the background of photo 1.

Regards, Rod.

Hi Rod. What is the cable around the door handle for? To keep "onlookers" out?

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Hi Rod. What is the cable around the door handle for? To keep "onlookers" out?

Rob

Correct, Rob. A length of stainless steel wire encased in plastic and padlocked to the muffler upright support.

Things have been known to "walk" so when I'm away from the old girl, I lock her up.

The door key locks work (sort of), but I don't want to be stranded with a broken key in the lock, so this is a very acceptable alternative.

Well spotted. I've also seen other oldies with this method used.

Rod.

Proud owner of;

1961 Mack B61 prime mover.

1981 International ACCO 1810C DualCab Fire Truck

Correct, Rob. A length of stainless steel wire encased in plastic and padlocked to the muffler upright support.

Things have been known to "walk" so when I'm away from the old girl, I lock her up.

The door key locks work (sort of), but I don't want to be stranded with a broken key in the lock, so this is a very acceptable alternative.

Well spotted. I've also seen other oldies with this method used.

Rod.

It is most unfortunate it must be this way in the world we live in. That is a very prudent security measure in my opinion. I've seen it used in the past, hence the reason I brought it up.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Wow...didn't even catch that.

Really sad, as I've never really though about it, though my locks work well I know the vent windows are easy picken's to get into these trucks. Are you at a show? or is that the resident parking spot? I could see if it was well a traveled area that you want security.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

Wow...didn't even catch that.

Really sad, as I've never really though about it, though my locks work well I know the vent windows are easy picken's to get into these trucks. Are you at a show? or is that the resident parking spot? I could see if it was well a traveled area that you want security.

Yes, it was at a truck show. Obviously, when I'm in attendance, the truck is open and I encourage people to actually hop up and sit in the old girl.

So many people can relate to a B61..."my dad used to drive these"....."I had an uncle who owned one".....are common comments, so if people can see and touch a bit of family history, then they are really pleased.

But if I need to go for a wander ie toilet break, I lock her up.

At home, no locking is required. We have a very good "neighbourhood watch" (my neighbour is an old bikie leader :angry: ).

Rod.

Proud owner of;

Did you make the sun viser or was it on the truck before,? i like the era looking ones, i am going to try to make one out of stainless one of these days

I bought the sunvisor from a local manufacturer here in Sydney. I think they are a must - look good too.

Proud owner of;

I like the visor too. I thought Barry was going to work on a deal to get them to the states? Been maybe a year now?

I usually lock mine up when I'm at the race track, as I've had a few individuals just "hop in" without asking!! Um....Please get out of my truck!!! I'll be the first offer a look inside, but surely don't walk up and get in unannounced. At a truck show I'll leave it open, but there isn't anything inside that is free to take. I keep everything locked in the box behind cab.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

I like the visor too. I thought Barry was going to work on a deal to get them to the states? Been maybe a year now?

I usually lock mine up when I'm at the race track, as I've had a few individuals just "hop in" without asking!! Um....Please get out of my truck!!! I'll be the first offer a look inside, but surely don't walk up and get in unannounced. At a truck show I'll leave it open, but there isn't anything inside that is free to take. I keep everything locked in the box behind cab.

Ya, I find them a nice addition. They have that "classic" look to the older style trucks. I've never cared for the Lund fiberglass type as they are too modern looking for my tastes.

I've never had one of my trucks to a show yet..... I will most likely do just as Rod does though. Won't mind showing it off, but some of the personal touches and trinkets are mine, and want them to stay that way.

Rob

Glad ya like em boy's I'm just sorry that i didn't realise it was Rod's truck while i was up there at the show. The guy I went to the show with had his Isuzu Semi just behind the Trident in the first pic. Rod, Do you remember seeing 3 Windsor Freighter's Isuzu's parked near the truck entry gate ??? me mates was the semi in the middle.

I've got some pic's of the other B model at the show too and also the Flinty and a lot ot the newer mack's anyone interested in seeing them???...........................hahaha let me know