Tri-drive

a agree on the dump valve you will have a lot of scrubbing on your drives without it but you will probably have to put your first inter axle in when you dump your rear.

i have a steerable lift on my truck, better suited for my application than a tri drive. i bet that thing would be unstoppable in a straight line if you have cross locks on all three drives as well.

Well, got the air suspension and dump valve all plumbed in. Moved the leveling valve to the mid rear. Lmackattack, that's where I got the idea for using the dump valve on the rear looking at all the newer spread axle trailers. I anticipated that I might loose traction with the rear-rear at no pressure that's why I spent the extra time and money finding an air lock power divider for the new axle.

I only use this truck for a hobby so I stuck with 54" axle spread so it looks symmetrical. You would probably have to go to a 60" spread on non-Mack axles. The new rear went in front of the original bogie. Its cheaper and stronger than adding frame to the back.(need to change 2 carriers if adding to the back). Here is a picture from a different angle.

Ill update again when the drive shafts are ready. With an air lock power divider feeding another airlock power divider the first jackshaft is just under 19" long :loldude:

post-12594-0-17731200-1437939422_thumb.j

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...