22-year old TV anchor calls out president’s flawed terrorism policy

kscarbel2

Now that I have had my vegemite today....I feel compelled to ask the question.....this site is supposed to be about trucks, correct?? I think brother kscarbel may be getting a little carried away with some of these recent postings, ranging from violence, abuse, politics and the like......and I understand I dont have to click on these threads, but if we wanted to hear/read some of that stuff, we would just watch the news, right?

Some of us come here to "get away" from all that shit which is a daily part of life. posting it on here doesn't solve anything.

And that, my friend, is the problem.

The unacceptable level of **** that is now a part of our daily life.

Our government has many responsibilities, from leading American society in a positive and healthy direction........to leading the world with earned respect.

In pyramid fashion, direction and leadership begin at the top and trickle down. The government sets the tone.

For 20 years, our EPA has been conducting what amounts to a large scale science experiment, at excessive expense to both consumers and industry, and their current head is clueless about her job.

Our railroad infrastructure.................enough said.

Our airline industry, coddled by politicians and FAA officials, is a national embarrassment.

The same government that insisted on using tax payer money to bail out the Big 3 because they were deemed too important to fail (no, there wasn't a vote) allowed our trucking industry to be taken over by foreign truckmakers (US carmakers have deeper pockets for lobbyists and "contributions" than truckmakers).

And then our government gave away Chrysler to a bankrupt Fiat for nothing........the greatest American giveaway of our lifetime.

Look at Baltimore and Detroit - crime is rampant because we are not handing crime properly.

Our government is failing to execute well, and failing badly, resulting in unacceptable levels of **** now being a part of our daily life.

In fact, the performance of our government today is not at all indicative of a government of the United States of America. I have a problem with that.

K....I agree whole heartedly with what you are saying....I apologize if my prior post sounded de-meaning in any way...and I am not one to bury my head in the sand and look away from these issues. It just seems to me that REAL CHANGE in our "government" is impossible to think about happening. ALL CROOKS, ALL LIARS, ALL OUT FOR THEIR OWN GOOD, It has gotten so far out of control, and the backbone of the people has been crushed into submission by the whole deal. I get so disgusted just talking about it.

• Like 1

K....I agree whole heartedly with what you are saying....I apologize if my prior post sounded de-meaning in any way...and I am not one to bury my head in the sand and look away from these issues. It just seems to me that REAL CHANGE in our "government" is impossible to think about happening. ALL CROOKS, ALL LIARS, ALL OUT FOR THEIR OWN GOOD, It has gotten so far out of control, and the backbone of the people has been crushed into submission by the whole deal. I get so disgusted just talking about it.

No need to apologize. I respect you thoughts.......we’re all extremely concerned at the direction our country has taken.

We went off course some time ago, but owing to our childhood indoctrination, we all naively assumed the government would ensure that we never deviated too far from the right course, and ultimately would get back onto the right course.

Now, we’ve all reached an age that we view matters from a different perspective. We’re able to see through the veil of mistruths and illusions, and realize the actual “state of the union”. As proud and dedicated Americans, we find our situation sad indeed.

Morals and ethics are far below where they should be.

Directly correlating to the low level of morals and ethics, crime is rampant.

The status of the “dumbing down of America” is full speed ahead (The government apparently attaches value to that).

Our government doesn’t enforce the laws it created......illegal aliens are invited to stay while respectable law-abiding aliens attempting to immigrate legally wait in line. Our apparent “open door” policy has only served to trigger the arrival of thousands more low caliber illegal aliens that put a incalculable burden on the American taxpayer (The UK, France and Sweden are going broke supporting all their illegal aliens).

Donald Trump is correct in saying that undocumented immigrants are all criminals, because they committed a federal offense by entering our country illegally. What’s not to understand there? Why are these illegals not rounded up, finger-printed and pushed back over the fence, and forbidden to ever immigrate to the US as their punishment? I personally welcome respectable immigrants, because their forerunners made our country great. However, we don’t need to add willful law-breakers to our population.

An EPA staffed with unqualified leadership has costs American individuals and companies billions. There’s no argument about using advanced technology, as it evolves and is proven, to better protect our environment.......this being the only world we currently have to reside on.......but we must forge a path based on rationality.

Our interstate system in collapsing.......literally.

That the United States of America does not have modern high-speed rail service is both a disservice to all Americans, and a national embarrassment.

You speak of change in our government. That is a very interesting point. Has the basis of our government changed since 1776? I would argue.....no. Let me explain.

The founding fathers of our country were amongst the small group of wealthy and schooled individuals, the aristocracy, in the thirteen British colonies that felt the uneducated commoners were unqualified to participate in government. This is why the Electoral College was created, to avoid allowing the mass population to vote directly. The Electoral College, overseen by the founding fathers, would ensure behind the veil that a proper choice was made for president and vice-president.

The founding fathers enticed the commoners (mass population) of the English colonist to join together in a revolutionary war for independence by promising them the ability to participate in government. However they didn’t really mean it and, at that time, were quite concerned that should they gain independence, the commoners would hold them to their promises. Much to their relief, that never happened. Under the illusion that they had a say in government, the ignorant commoners for the most part fell in line and allowed the founding fathers to run the show.

(To gain an accurate picture of our beginning, I encourage you to read "Independence: The Struggle to Set America Free", by John Ferling - http://www.amazon.com/Independence-Struggle-Set-America-Free/dp/1608190080/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1437620048&sr=1-1&keywords=independence)

Fast forwarding to today, our basis of governance has not changed much at all, has it?

• Like 2