How Not To Unload The Lowboy !

Lmackattack

What a bunch of morons, you could tell they had no money in it, the dozer looks to be new from the paint on the underside, a company i use to work for loss there butts on a big road job in Mexico because of the lack of skilled operators tearing there iron up or in the bottle all the time {but they want to come up here to take our jobs}

What a bunch of morons, you could tell they had no money in it, the dozer looks to be new from the paint on the underside, a company i use to work for loss there butts on a big road job in Mexico because of the lack of skilled operators tearing there iron up or in the bottle all the time {but they want to come up here to take our jobs}

right on brother de37champ i totally agree you know how many bids i lost this year cause of unskilled labor under bid me and fddddd up the job hopefully some day people will open up there fnnnnn eyes

WTF? Looks like the dummy forgot to set the parking brake. Well at least no one was hurt and the truck is in still in one piece. I bet the dozer will be fine, just get another and a cable and upright it. those things are built pretty damn good.

-Thad

What America needs is less bull and more Bulldog!

And there was an opertor IN the dozer! Bet he had a "pucker" factor goin' on LOL!! Probably couldn't fall out of the seat if he was pulled with a chain LOL!!!!

Looks all salvagable...though I bet the pickup might have some issues. Can't tell how close the truck/trailer got to it before it stopped.

IMG-20180116-202556-655.jpg

Larry

1959 B61 Liv'n Large......................

Charter member of the "MACK PACK"

One of the dumdist things i ever did was to ride on a dozer being moved about 3 or 4 miles, i ran a D7 wide track that was use as a runabout to fix things at a big mine for several yrs, one day we moved it to patch some ground hog holes in a dam so i ran it on the lowboy and just shut it down, i just sat on the sit on rode along, Try that someday

Back when I worked in the CT/NY area, we used to move the 22B Bucyrus Erie dragline without removing the boom.

The operator would stay in the machine while it was on the trailer and swing the boom as necessary to avoid hitting anything when going around corners.

Of course this was done on local roads, not on interstate highways, but I doubt you could do it that way today.

Did I mention that we didn't chain the machine to the trailer?

"If You Can't Shift It Smoothly, You Shouldn't Be Driving It"

Yea Herb same way here in the city, Heard many old storys of crews leaving the boom on and letting the operator and truck driver do there job. I have moved a few machines where the operator just sat in the cab and we went a few miles down the street. of corse this was on a sunday morning or a back road away from the fuzz.

With the machine that far back it looks like they were unloading. The driver may have only set the tractor parking brake and at just the right point the weight shift on the trailer will make the drives real lite. Most of these west coast guys will tell you how easy the mechanical goosenecks are, but they rear load and unload as much as possible.

just like the guys that still say a no power sterring truck is no big deal in the city. I had my RS for 1 year before I converted it to PS!!! those city jobs just killed my arms!!!

When I bought my first B model the guy dropped it off with a mechanical detach. It worked fine to detach but lots of BS to get the pins back in when hooking back up. Im shure it was the best of the best back in its day but times have changed.

Trent