Looking For A Pto:

Rob

Hi there, I'm looking for an eight bolt PTO for a two stick six speed Mack transmission, (TRDXL-1071). Don't really care about the ratio at this point or method of engagement. I'm going to drive my hydraulics and need a higher torque rating than my six bolt will be rated for.

Thanks,

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

:mack1: just remember the 1071 series is an extra low hole tranny than the 107 six speed, so there maybe different sized gears that the pto runs off of. Terry

Thanks Terry; You are correct, the "pitch diameter" will be different of the driving gear on the 107 as opposed to a 1071 series. The basic PTO arrangement is the same and I plan to purchase a new input driven gear as acquiring the correct ratio in a used PTO assy. would not be my luck.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

Thanks Terry; You are correct, the "pitch diameter" will be different of the driving gear on the 107 as opposed to a 1071 series. The basic PTO arrangement is the same and I plan to purchase a new input driven gear as acquiring the correct ratio in a used PTO assy. would not be my luck.

Rob

i may have one down under, but postage may kill it? is an 18speed quad the same for pto fitment? this one was used for a side tipper, so would imagine is heavy duty?

regards Grant

i may have one down under, but postage may kill it? is an 18speed quad the same for pto fitment? this one was used for a side tipper, so would imagine is heavy duty?

regards Grant

Hi Grant, I've never seen an eight bolt setup on a quad myself. Is this the single countershaft type transmission, or a later model 18 speed? I don't know if the single countershaft type would use the same type pto or not.

If you would know the transmission type, or model, I could check for fitment.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Grant, I've never seen an eight bolt setup on a quad myself. Is this the single countershaft type transmission, or a later model 18 speed? I don't know if the single countershaft type would use the same type pto or not.

If you would know the transmission type, or model, I could check for fitment.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rob I put one on my truck it has a 12 speed i had to put a spacer with a gear on it to reach the gear inside the tranny.It was the six bolt side.The other side was 8 bolt but no room. Jook

Hi Rob I put one on my truck it has a 12 speed i had to put a spacer with a gear on it to reach the gear inside the tranny.It was the six bolt side.The other side was 8 bolt but no room. Jook

hi, will check tranny today. i think it may have a spacer and be a bolt like Jook said, will confirm. the other truck has the pto bolted to engine balancer at front of truck. it was a water truck.

regards Grant

Hi Guys, I have the correct six bolt style and adapter gear for this transmission but it is marginal for the usage. Nothing wrong with the unit, just that it is undersized for the type of duty I need to ask of it. I've never been one to "just get by" as breakdowns are expensive and never convienient.

I'm going to push a hydraulic pump at 3000psi and the input torque requirements are for about 280 ft. pounds. The six bolt unit that I have is rated at 200 ft. pounds, (intermittent). I'm sure it would work as I don't plan to use full capability of my winch, (Tulsa 70) but would rather have the required cushion for safety factor.

Thanks,

Rob

Hey Rob

What about the countershaft PTOs for the 6 speed? . Thats what I have with mine and love it. You dont need to have the main in gear and aux in nutral to operate it. just flip the swith and it starts pumping

Trent

I've never seen or been around one Trent. Is this something that is readily available? Do they run at a certain geared percentage of engine rpm if the trans doesn't need to be in gear?

Rob

I've never seen or been around one Trent. Is this something that is readily available? Do they run at a certain geared percentage of engine rpm if the trans doesn't need to be in gear?

Rob

Do you guys over there have powauto gear?? They are probably one of the most common names in pto's here. Not too bad on price and huge range. Most of the gear here runs countershaft driven pto's. Except cement agitators which now mostly run off the balancer as they don't stop turning when the clutch is disengaged. Better for round town stuff. The gearing is dependent on your input gear to countershaft gear ratio as well as the countershaft pto drive gear to the pto gear.

Rob

If I recall it is a Mack PTO and no longer availible (thats the rumor I have heard) Most common set up was to bolt it to the lower coutershaft. You would need to check your trans to see if it will accept this PTO. There may be a stamp on one of the countershaft covers that notes that the trans will accept this PTO. if still not shure just pull the lower contershaftcover and look inside for splines. I think this was a more common set up for dumptrucks/lowboys etc.. Im not shure of the load rating for this one so check before you go looking. I just like this set up as you can keep the aux in direct or low low when raising the box. the only downside is you only get one PTO speed.

Trent

If I recall it is a Mack PTO and no longer availible (thats the rumor I have heard) Most common set up was to bolt it to the lower coutershaft. You would need to check your trans to see if it will accept this PTO. There may be a stamp on one of the countershaft covers that notes that the trans will accept this PTO. if still not shure just pull the lower contershaftcover and look inside for splines. I think this was a more common set up for dumptrucks/lowboys etc.. Im not shure of the load rating for this one so check before you go looking. I just like this set up as you can keep the aux in direct or low low when raising the box. the only downside is you only get one PTO speed.

Hello, the one i have is bolted to trans on left side with 6 bolts, it was used with a tipper

would have to assume its pretty big.

regards Grant

Trent