Installing A Bulldog On B Model

This may seem like a dumb question................does anyone know an easy way to install a bull dog on a B model mack?. I bought a truck without a bulldog and now have one to replace the missing one. I can't see where the wrench would fit to tighten the bolts, does the bulldog have studs or do bolts thread into it from the bottom?, does the rad have to be removed or is there a trick to it?. Also the chrome emblem that the bulldog sits on is held in place by a weird looking half slotted and round edged screw, how is this removed?, where do I get a screw driver to remove this?

Never thought it would be that big of a job to put the ol bulldog back on his perch.

HELP and or hints would be appreciated.

This may seem like a dumb question................does anyone know an easy way to install a bull dog on a B model mack?. I bought a truck without a bulldog and now have one to replace the missing one. I can't see where the wrench would fit to tighten the bolts, does the bulldog have studs or do bolts thread into it from the bottom?, does the rad have to be removed or is there a trick to it?. Also the chrome emblem that the bulldog sits on is held in place by a weird looking half slotted and round edged screw, how is this removed?, where do I get a screw driver to remove this?

Never thought it would be that big of a job to put the ol bulldog back on his perch.

HELP and or hints would be appreciated.

This is not a difficult job. Open the hood of the truck, and remove the fender access panels. There are four capscrews in the recess the hood closes into with nuts and washers on the underside. Remove these. There is one capscrew with it's associated nuts and washers next to where the headlamp panel and grille shell meet, remove these also. Most B models have screws at the bottom of the grille shell in the front also. Remove these also. The grille shell is now loose from the truck and while pulling forward, and up, it will come out.

The slotted head filister head screws you mention holding parts on are "theft prevention" screws. One can only use a flat screwdriver to drive, or tighten them. There is no tool made specifically to remove them. A pair of vise-grip pliers work well for me. If you notice almost all public restroom stalls have these installed also retaining the stall walls; (no relation to a B model Mack, (of course)).

Get the dog back on it's rightfull place, he deserves it.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

This is not a difficult job. Open the hood of the truck, and remove the fender access panels. There are four capscrews in the recess the hood closes into with nuts and washers on the underside. Remove these. There is one capscrew with it's associated nuts and washers next to where the headlamp panel and grille shell meet, remove these also. Most B models have screws at the bottom of the grille shell in the front also. Remove these also. The grille shell is now loose from the truck and while pulling forward, and up, it will come out.

The slotted head filister head screws you mention holding parts on are "theft prevention" screws. One can only use a flat screwdriver to drive, or tighten them. There is no tool made specifically to remove them. A pair of vise-grip pliers work well for me. If you notice almost all public restroom stalls have these installed also retaining the stall walls; (no relation to a B model Mack, (of course)).

Get the dog back on it's rightfull place, he deserves it.

Rob

Hey Rob, thanks, will give it a whirl tomorrow, great instructions!

will let you know when he gets back on his perch.

Hey Rob, thanks, will give it a whirl tomorrow, great instructions!

will let you know when he gets back on his perch.

Rob has never been known to be wrong about anything...yet-but be careful,sometimes he's a B.S.er,though not in this case :lol:

Producer of poorly photo-chopped pictures since 1999.

He was right!!!

Bulldog is on and looks great!

Instructions made job easy, took about an hour.

thanks.

Congrats!! I knew you could do it. Bulldogs need to stand proud.

Rob

Dog.jpg.487f03da076af0150d2376dbd16843ed.jpgPlodding along with no job nor practical application for my existence, but still trying to fix what's broke.

• 3 weeks later...

:SMOKIE-LFT:

My new dog was easy to install-the lowlife that stole the original one tore a big hole in the grille,so I didn't have to take anything apart. I was sure lucky they left the base intact-I don't know if I could find another one,especially a non-chromed one. If it turns out I have to remove my radiator to fix its bullet hole,I'll see what I can do to fix the grille. Looks like it'll be a long day tacking cut grille bars back together with the wire feed. Then,hammer the welds down,grind the high spots flat,clean the surface up and paint it.

I think I can fix the radiator where it is,though,I still might work on the grille a little. don't really wanna get it too nice or it'll make the rest of the truck look bad. B'sides-it has CHARACTER!

Speed

:SMOKIE-RT:

"Remember-ANY Gun Control is Unconstitutional!"
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><i><b>MACK-E Model Registry # 36</b></i><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<a href="http://www.nvabatetravel.com/"target="_blank">http://www.nvabatetravel.com/</a>