Economy 7 HP Cordwood Saw

j hancock

before warning stickers and guards.....and when people kew NOT to stick limbs/appendages in spinning/moving/sharp/hot parts.....

"Stupid is forever" - Ron White

• Like 1

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part....

My father started sawing cord wood with a 6 horse one lunger like that. He graduated up to a Farmall F-12 then to a '50 John deere B. My grandfather used his 46 John deere B for decades. I used to grab the loose end for Dad before he got the elevator and hooked it up to the B's hydraulics to drop the wood into the dump truck for the short ride to the house. He made that set up some time after I moved out of the house. He is 72 now and still using it. He bucked up and stacked 8+ cord of logs this fall in a week and a half. He will split in the spring and saw in half (32 to 16) in the fall. I think he's in better shape than I am at 25 years his junior...

I know from experience that when that saw is spinning you take your level of awareness to a whole new level. You slip or reach into that thing and you will be finding the parts of you it cut off in no time...real nasty piece. Knock on wood we never had such an incident. You never get near the belt and you never get off the tractor with the PTO running...ever. Those are the kinds of things you may only do wrong once.

• Like 1

Pop had a cement mixer with a make and break on a 1930 Packard chassis. Disappeared when I was in the service. As a kid was always amazed by it's run and rest cycles. Paul

"OPERTUNITY IS MISSED BY MOST PEOPLE BECAUSE IT IS DRESSED IN OVERALLS AND LOOKS LIKE WORK"  Thomas Edison

“Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting ‘Holy shit, what a ride!’

P.T.CHESHIRE